May 2015 Moms

Monday venting

This is my first discussion but I needed to vent about m my incident today at the grocery store. I do look young for my age, I am 26 and I get told I look 18 which is fine but today I was in the checkout line and this lady and her husband behind me notice I'm pregnant, the wife then goes on about how pathetic it is that teenagers like the one infront of them gets pregnant and aren't even mature enough to handle being a mother. The husband proceeds to say ya, that poor child doesn't stand a chance. I just walked out and started bawling when I got to my car, I mean seriously how rude! Ok now that I've vented I feel better and congrats to all you soon to be mommas! We are gettin close to the end! :)

Re: Monday venting

• I'm sorry that happened to you! I get that all the time and it messed with my head for a long time. I'm going to be 24 when I have my baby girl but she was planned and wanted! You gotta ignore the haters! Keep strong for you and baby!
  • I'm sorry that happened to you! I get that all the time and it messed with my head for a long time. I'm going to be 24 when I have my baby girl but she was planned and wanted! You gotta ignore the haters! Keep strong for you and baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd of turned around and told them straight! A lady said something very similar when I was pg with my son and it really hurt me. Keep your head high x
  • Thanks so much! Your comments made me feel much better!!
  • its never nice when people try to make snide comments, but best thing to do is take it on the chin and be proud to be a younger parent! i for one am proud to be a younger parent, im 23 and will be a mum of 2 in may when my daughter arrives.. no matter what age you are when you become a parent - whether it was planned or not - everybody does the best to their ability and knowledge, be it a first, second, third pregnancy etc!

so good luck in your pregnancy/motherhood and take no notice of nasty comments
  • p.s; sorry for the essay! :)
  • Jeez what bastards!

I'd have said something, you have way more politeness than me! Just ignore them, who are they to judge?!
  • I have customers all the time that are shocked when they see that I'm pregnant! Before I was always getting comments about being married like "geez are you even old enough to have a ring on your finger??"
    "I didn't think you were a day past 16!"
    I am only 22, but I am still a married woman! People tell me all the time they thought I was still in high school. It sucks, I just want to be treated like a mature adult. But everyone looks at me and talks to me like I am a kid constantly!! I hate it.

I wish I looked older! But hey everyone says that it will pay off in the long run and we will look young in our old age!
  • I'm sorry you had to deal with that. People can be so rude. When I was pregnant with DD I was a waitress and a table of mine went on about teenage, unwed mothers/fathers and what was I going to do with the baby while I was in school. I finally had enough and told her I was 23 and married and that me and my husband where both very excited for our baby.  She sputtered some apologies and left pretty quickly. 
  • Sorry you had to deal with that. I totally get it. I had to stop wearing my wedding ring last month because of swelling and it made me feel very self-conscious at first. I get all the time that I look like I'm still in high school (I'm 26) and I've had a few people rude enough to ask me to my face just how old I am and was my pregnancy planned... Some people need to mind their own business or develop a filter!!
  • Unfortunate u had to deal with that, very very rude! I'm newly 20 due with my first and luckily have only had positive comments, can imagine how hurtful that would be!
  • Those people are incompetent @ssholes... Period. Some people just have no respect. I also look very young for my age and I am pregnant with my third. People need to mind their own business and hush up especially when they don't even know you. Sorry you had to deal with that. Dont let it get you down! They are just jerks. People can be so rude but we just need to shrug it off and not let the a-holes ruin our days.
  • I know what you mean.. When I was 22 I would look after my godson and take buses with him etc. and always got dirty looks and even last year at 24 I was helping my mother Inlaw who had a newborn (definitely wasn't planned she likes everyone to know) while she was getting her hair done and this older lady was watching me giving me filthy looks telling me I'm doing things wrong then I got up and started going 'where's mummy? There she is!' So that she knew she wasn't mine and she started trying to be my friend after that. If anyone says anything this time around now that it is actually my child I'm ready to go off!! Not my fault I look youthful haters.
  • Keep that chin held high! Let it roll off your back like a duck ;D I can say similar instances have occurred with my new one. The husband and I receive presumptuous looks for the fact that we are unconventional and covered in tattoos and piercings.
  • When I was pregnant with my oldest I was 19 at the time I looked about 12. I had comments thrown at me saying nasty things also about my parents too. I'm 35 now and due my fourth child in may I still get people saying how stupid I am. But ya know what hun it's our lives at the end of the day and we do as we please. Hope ya ok and don't worry.xxxx
  • Some peoples are so inconsiderate of other people feelings. Who cares what they think, at least you aged well, trust me that is a blessing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"