May 2015 Moms
Options

Baby Shower Question

My sister is throwing my baby shower for me. We finally decided on 3/29 but the invites won't get in until 3/4 so the soonest we can get them out is 3/5. Would you email/text/Facebook message people to give them a heads up? I feel so weird having showers-feel like I'm begging for gifts so don't want to come across too eager.
Thanks!

Re: Baby Shower Question

• Options
    eashlynneashlynn member
    edited February 2015
    I'm having my shower on 3/21 and although I already have the invitations all ready to go, I'm not going to send them out until around 3/5. I say send them out around two weeks before; it gives people enough time to request off work, if need be, but not enough time to space it out entirely! You're totally fine :)
  • Options
    My shower is in April and a few people on my guest list have super hectic schedules so I did send a text to give them a heads up of the date.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My shower is 3/28 and the hosts sent them out last week because we have family that works on weekends and family that lives 2 hours away. 
  • Options
    My shower is march 21st and I just got the majority of the invites out. Granted, I am sending some to family members out of state so wanted to give them a month to get off work and such if possible :-)
  • Options
    I would just let your guests that you're super close with know. Mom, MIL, sisters, pushy aunts, etc. The others can wait to get theirs in the mail, I think. 
  • Options
    My shower host is having my shower April 4th and she sent the invites out at the end of January/beginning of February. But we did this because there are two weddings, another baby shower and multiple graduations that we had to plan around so we got our date in as soon as we could for other family and friends who will be coming. My cousin is getting married two days after my due date in his fiances home town that is almost 2 hours north of our home and 2 1/2 hours from my hospital so even if I haven't had baby yet I will be unable to attend with it being that far away from home. I'm disappointed they chose that weekend knowing when I'm due. I know that they can't plan around me but with as close as I am with my cousin I figured they would at least consider that.
  • Options
    I think that's plenty of time for notice on a baby shower.
  • Options

My shower is march 21st and I just got the majority of the invites out. Granted, I am sending some to family members out of state so wanted to give them a month to get off work and such if possible :-)

Same exact here(: march 21 and a bunch of outta town family
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! All this makes me uncomfortable so I never know the right thing to do! I've already made sure the family members were made aware of the date before we solidified the date. The rest I'll just notify with the invitation unless they ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"