Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Spitting Up

My baby is 4 weeks old and has been spitting up quite frequently over the last week. We've switched to the sensitive formula, which isn't helping much. We also make sure she's burped well before laying her down, but she'll still spit up anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours after eating. I hate that she does this because I worry about reflux and not gaining weight, but also it's to the point now that I can't sleep. Every time the monitor shows she's moving and making noises I have to check on her to make sure she didn't spit up and isn't laying in it, getting cold. I guess I'm just ranting and looking for someone to commiserate with me.

Re: Spitting Up

• My baby is 4 weeks and I'm having the same problem. I called the DR and she stated if the puke is not green there really is nothing to worry about. Babies spit up. When I feed my LO I burp him after and then let him rest with me for about 10 minutes. I find that if I move him right away after burping it stirs him up and then he pukes. It will get better I'm hoping!! Is he in a separate room from you? My LO is in a bassinet right next to me. So if I hear him cough or cry I'm right there to see what's going on. Hope this helps. Good Luck momma!
  • This freaked me out too, but spittig up, even after every feeding, is normal. It's just a sign of their immature digestive systems. So long as LO keeps gaining weight as she should, try not to worry about it and just keep a burp cloth handy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree with all the PP. Our DD was on formula and always spit up. we tried feeding her a little less thinking we were overfeeding...don't do that! That wasn't the case. FF babies are just spitsy. When you say you switched formulas how long ago was that? Did you know that it could potentially take a baby 2 full weeks to acclimate to the switch?

• Sarahk30 said:
    My baby is 4 weeks and I'm having the same problem. I called the DR and she stated if the puke is not green there really is nothing to worry about. Babies spit up. When I feed my LO I burp him after and then let him rest with me for about 10 minutes. I find that if I move him right away after burping it stirs him up and then he pukes. It will get better I'm hoping!! Is he in a separate room from you? My LO is in a bassinet right next to me. So if I hear him cough or cry I'm right there to see what's going on. Hope this helps. Good Luck momma!

Wat?!
  • OP listen to your Pedi on this. If your baby is gaining weight and isn't in pain when spitting up then this just might be what your LO does. My first child spit up constantly, even while sleeping (yes, he continued to just sleep in it when I didn't realize it happened) but my daughter doesn't spit up ever. I don't even burp her.

Spit up is normal but can be very annoying, I get that. Talk to your Pedi.

• You should burp your LO. Gets some of the gas out of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"