Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Making baby food

We will be starting solids soon so I am trying to get ideas about the best food processors for making baby's food. Please share what you use and if you have any helpful blogs or recipes. Thank you mommies :)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Making baby food

• I purchased a baby food maker with DD1 4 years ago. This time around I just bought a blender with a glass jar. My problem with the baby food maker was that the plastic jar wasn't as durable and pieces of plastic would chip off. DD2 had her first taste of sweet potatoes yesterday. I baked the sweet potato for an hour, peeled the skin off, and tossed it in the blender. I added breast milk to thin it out a little. DD2 was in heaven!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used a cuisinart with DS1 since that's what I had. I would steam frozen veggies, or bake sweet potatoes, cook boneless chicken thighs in the slow cooker and purée them. If they needed moisture with reheating, is just add breastmilk. I got books from the library, and there was actually a really good shepards pie one. It was 2012, so I didn't really follow blogs yet. I'll prob do the same for DS2 in 2 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just use my blender. We just started experimenting with foods last week. Our little one will be 6 months on Friday. Avacado with breast milk pureed in blender. Did the same with banana and then did a mixture of both.
  • I'm a FTM and have an almost three month old and am constantly searching for good tips for when we start solids in a few months. He is FF and for those of you that mentioned you added breast milk to foods that needed to be thinned out would adding formula do the same thing? Is it ok to add formula to puréed food? Thanks in advance!
  • I don't know about formula but you could also use water to get the consistency you want.
  • lmarsch1lmarsch1 member
    edited February 2015
    I just started making baby food a couple weeks ago & used an immersion blender I bought at target for $30. It seems to do a great job. After I purée the food, I put it in icecube trays to freeze & then transfer to freezer bags. 

Here are a couple really great blogs I found on pinterest which have helped me a ton: 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"