October 2014 Moms

pregnant again?

hey ladies, is it possible to get pregnant while exclusively breastfeeding?  
my LO is 17 wks old. i havent had a visit from AF since birth. but a few days ago i noticed spotting and my nipples get more sensitive while breastfeeding.
i've heard that breastfeeding can serve as a form of birth control is that even true? is it possible that i'm pregnant again? i have a doctors visit on thursday but i'm just curious 
if anyone else had experience with this.

Re: pregnant again?

• Yes, it's possible to get pregnant before your first PP period.

Yes, BFing can assist as a form of birth control but it can not reliably prevent you from getting pregnant.

You should still be using some form of BC (unless you would like to be pregnant again ASAP). Talk to your doctor about it at your appointment.
  • Have you had unprotected sex?

If so, you may be pregnant.

Bf is only effective as birth control if you feed on demand, baby never has a long stretch of sleep, and you don't use artificial nipples (bottle/pacifier) ever.

My experience is that I use birth control when I don't want to get pregnant...
  • Loading the player...
  • thanks ladies... it was very irresponsible of us to have unprotected sex. i would love to have another baby but not this soon. 
    my LO only breastfeeds he doesnt take the bottle, and i feed him on demand. 
  • Pee on a stick !!
  • If you have a functioning uterus and a sperm donor, you can get pregnant.
  • Peeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Breastfeeding is not birth control. You can still get pregnant.
  • Did you take a test?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not trying to be mean but every woman should know the basics about your body and reproducing, especially if you are having sex. If you don't know these things, you should probably start doing some research because you will end up with an unplanned pregnancy. And the best way to know if you're pregnant is to take a test, not ask us.
  • took a test... not pregnant and i'm on BC now... thanks for the help ladies.
  • you can most definitely get pregnant while breastfeeding, that's why I have a brother who is only 13 months younger than me!
    -----sig and ticker warning----------
    me: 37 unexplained infertility, DH 37 normal
    ttc for 18 months before seeing RE
    Letrozol on CD 3-7, overdril trigger

IUI#1, 2 follicles 17.4 and 20mm                BFN
    Letrozol and TI cycle                                  BFN
    IUI#2 2 follicles (RE noted fluid in uterus, and then realized it was there last time too)  BFN
    Letrozol and TI                                            BFN
    IUI#3 one follicle 21mm (fluid there again) BFP!!!
    02/10 beta#1 335 (at 4weeks1day), 02/12 Beta#2 751 :-)

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"