Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Lip Ties

My baby has a Lip Tie. She will be 2 in May. We just noticed it and found out what it is. Drs have never mentioned it. My baby can't smile and show her teeth. Does anyone have any advice or experience with Lip Ties?
Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its so quiet in the world tonight Your little eye lids flutter cause your dreamin so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret I'd give all I have hunny, if you could stay like that Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, just stay this little Oh darling dont you ever grow up dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple I wont let nobody hurt you, wont let no one break your heart, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up imageimage Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Lip Ties

• My daughter has a mild lip tie but we didn't notice it until she was around 6 months old. It explains why we had so much trouble with nursing and getting her to latch in the beginning.  The lactation consultants I saw never even checked. I took her to a pediatric dentist when she was a year old and he wasn't too concerned about it at that point because it wasn't causing any major issues.  Have you seen a pediatric dentist yet? That would be my recommendation. They may recommend having a revision done if it is bad enough. I've looked into this and know some places offer laser correction which allows for faster healing. GL!
  • Going to see the pediatrician in the morning just incase she can give some insight. As soon as my family Dentist opens this morning I will call them as well.
    Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its so quiet in the world tonight Your little eye lids flutter cause your dreamin so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret I'd give all I have hunny, if you could stay like that Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, just stay this little Oh darling dont you ever grow up dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple I wont let nobody hurt you, wont let no one break your heart, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up imageimage Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter still has hers from birth as well. My pediatrician said it's normal and she didn't feel like it was necessary to do anything about it. She said she herself had a few when she was a preteen and an adult in her 40's.
    If it's that worrisome, you can always check with a dentist but most don't see kids until they are 3 years old.
  • Go see a pediatric dentist
  • Sometimes they're problematic and sometimes not. If the dentist thinks it needs to be fixed they do it with a laser. It looks pretty gnarly while healing but isn't too bad. Usually more traumatic for parents! My daughter has a significant one too but we didn't fix it as a baby and I sort of wish we had. Some day when she takes a spill playing it could break on its own, we will see!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"