May 2015 Moms
Options

Tips for insomnia

Anyone?? I am really struggling to sleep these days which makes the 13 hour work day even more unbareable!! I will take whatever tips you might have. My husband bought me a new body pillow to help, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. 

Re: Tips for insomnia

• Options
    Hmm...Well with a 13 hour work day, not sure I recommend- but usually I suggest working out 2-3 hours before bed. Also, relaxing shower with some nice smelling lotion, a foot massage from hubby, sex, glass of milk before bed? 

I don't have any really good ideas, I struggle with it myself. I like to fall asleep to friends episodes. They keep my mind focused on the show and not anxiety ridden things I worry about, but at the same time- I've seen them all a million times so I don't stay awake watchign intently. I just drift off to it.
  • Options
    Normally I am okay with falling asleep.. its the staying asleep that I struggle with!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly?

Get up.

I find when I make myself get up and do something I become tired and want to go back to bed, especially as the heating has gone off and it's cold. I usually go and read a book with a hot drink, but I've tried many things in the years of insomnia (it's 4.33 in the UK now and I'm awake, classic time for me!).

You could also run a bath, change eating habits before bed, listen to music... It's about what's right for you. Of course, if you can't stay asleep maybe it's lack of exercise or mental stimulation during the day not making you tired enough? I don't know, but it's worth exploring.

I wouldn't wish insomnia on everyone, hope you find a cure!
  • Options
    As a nurse and a graduate student, my mind and body are both very active. I also workout regularly. If anything, it would be more likely to be from stress than that. I've discussed it with my doctor and she said that insomnia is a common side effect of pregnancy starting late second trimester/early third. I think I am just at that point and have to deal with it.
  • Options
    ^^ sounds like you figured it out for yourself.

Lack of sleep isn't awesome but we get by and it's a temporary period in your life (until baby starts sleeping through the night).
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm also having trouble sleeping just in third trimester now. I usually get up go into lounge and have a milk and look on internet or watch tv until I get tired again.

Very annoying ! Most people say good training for when baby comes
  • Options
    My doctor recommended Tylenol pm to me, but I haven't tried it just yet...saving it for when it becomes a real issue for me.
  • Options
    Tylenol pm is very effective, however I experience grogginess the next morning if I take it too late. I need to give myself at least 8 full hours or I'm too tired to function any better.
  • Options
    Working out usually helps me sleep better. Maybe try varying your workouts more.

Our rescued fur babies, Harley and Maya

Pregnancy%20ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 1/23/14, EDD 10/1/14, M/C 2/13/14 - Forever loved <3
  • Options
    My doctor suggested taking magnesium before bed. I'm trying if this week and seems to be helping me stay asleep. She also suggested acupuncture hug I'm not desperate enough to try it yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"