Infertility
Options

First IUI this past Friday. Feeling in uterus normal???

Hi Everyone!

So I'm new here. My DH and I have been trying to concieve for a year and a half and just had our first IUI on Friday. We had male factor fertility issues and sperm count has gone way up due to urologist putting him on Clomid for 90 days. Yay! So, now we're trying to conceive through IUI, fingers crossed! I had an early surge due to Clomid for five days (CD10) and when I went for second ultrasound to check follicles, I had three good follicles on right side, one being dominant at 20mm (other two were 12mm and 14mm). So, we actually did IUI two hours later! My DH's post sperm wash was 6million (they said that was good). I'm 33 and my DH is 44, so we really hope to get pregnant soon! We want a little one so bad!

So it's been only 2 days post IUI and I'm having all kinds of fluttering feelings in my uterus. I can feel all sorts of things going on down there and it feels really weird! Is this normal?? Am I just being overly sensitive or could I actually be feeling ovulation or fertilization???

I know this is only our first and I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up because BFP on first IUI is rare, but it's really hard. Lol. Any positive stories or experiences from past IUI's would be greatly appreciated! :)

Re: First IUI this past Friday. Feeling in uterus normal???

• Options
    GoldenKeysGoldenKeys admin
    edited February 2015
    lacej81

Congrats that your DH's sperm count has improved significantly due to the Clomid!   This board is generally for women who are on the IVF path... you might want to make an introduction on the Trouble Trying to Conceive board, which might have more people doing IUI.

As for your fluttering feelings, ignore them because they really don't mean anything.   You definitely can't feel fertilization... and implantation, if felt at all, can feel like a dozen other things going on in your uterus.

For positive stories, you might want to lurk on the Pregnant after Infertility or Success after Infertility boards.   Everyone here is in the process of TTC, many are trying for their first.

Good luck!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Options
    Thank you so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"