February 2015 Moms
Options

Breastfeeding and Sex

Anyone that is or plans on breastfeeding concerned about breasts going from a food source to a sexual source of pleasure? I feel like it's going to be really to hard to adjust between the two very different "uses" - for lack of a better word. Any STMs have any experience with this adjustment? For clarity, I'm talking about when breastfeeding has been established and breasts are no longer sore, etc. I don't want to make a hands-off rule in the bedroom, but I don't know that I'll be able to get baby off the brain otherwise. Those with experience, how did your SO react? Did it freak them out? My husband doesn't want to have sex now because the pregnancy freaks him out (which I chuckle at, but haven't pushed the issue because it's okay that he's not comfortable and I don't want to put him in a state that's uncomfortable) and I wonder if he's going to have a hard time adjusting between the sexual side and breastfeeding side of breasts too. Thoughts?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Breastfeeding and Sex

• Options
    As a FTM I don't have previous experience but I will say breastfeeding is a MUCH different experience than sexual stimulation. I think once the time comes when we get the green light it shouldn't be a problem. Then again my DH and I talked about this a bit during the pregnancy so I think that has helped and will continue to do so.
  • Options
    I'm currently waiting on the husband to come home so I can run my latest, "What do you think of xxx," idea by him. It just popped in my head today and I couldn't find many articles online about it so I thought I'd head here and see what anyone had to say.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I breastfed DS until he was a year old. My boobs would have leaked all over if DH would have played with them during sex, so we just kind of avoided that. Just an FYI, breastfeeding can also make you more dry down there.

photo tumblr_mvhtjpmhbh1sg96flo1_r2_500_zpsed277910.gif

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   

• Options
    With my first, there was a definite hands off for the year that I was breastfeeding. I even kept my bra on during because I would have leaked too.
  • Options
    DH loved my breastfeeding boobs; I gained two cup sizes! He learned to be gentle. Men are visual, so even if you do need to wear a bra during sex, the sight of big, full boobs busting out of a lacy bra is appealing to them.

IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• Options
    i'd say the same.  i don't remember how long it was, but i know i wore a bra for quite a while after my first and it was mostly hands off till we were weaning
  • Options
    Honestly, my husband is never allowed to touch my breasts until I no longer breastfeed. My main issue is I always leak and he isn't a fan of breast milk in his mouth.
  • Options
    DH loves to look, but adopts a mostly hands off rule to deal with the contents under pressure issue. Bras were necessary to prevent let down at inopportune moments, but I didn't find either of us had issues with gentle touching over a bra or switching mentalities. Just figure out what works for both of you and enjoy. Though as PP pointed out, breastfeeding can make things a little dry, so can postpartum in general. Water based lubricants can be a...games average here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"