May 2015 Moms
Options

Need to vent

Had a stressful day yesterday. I work in the oil and gas industry up in alberta, the company I work for recently let go around 50 ppl. Unfortunately I was on of them, not sure if the fact I would have been leaving in 2 months for Mat leave had something to do with it, since they would have needed a temp had they decided to keep me. So to say the least I am 28 weeks now which is in no way enough time to look for a new job. I have an advantage living in Canada this shouldn't effect me to much as long as service Canada lets me wait to take my Mat/pat leave til closer to my due date so I will still have a year at home with our little boy. Since I will receive severance from the company I should hopefully have no problems with this. It is just stressful to no longer have a job to go back to after my year off, and having to deal with figuring out the mat leave stuff ASAP. However in other ways it is great since I will now have over 2 months to relax and organize everything before the baby arrives, lots of time to nest.

Re: Need to vent

• Options
    Sorry to hear this, but sounds like you have a good attitude and are managing well.
  • Options
    So sorry about your job but please continue to stay positive. Everything will work out fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry to hear about your job loss, that is always stressful, look on the bright side! You have plenty of time to look for jobs while on leave. The extra time beforehand will help you feel better prepared too. Best wishes to you.
  • Options
    Thanks. The first day was little stressful but the more I think about it the better things will be. I will have to find lots to keep me busy though, I haven't been without job since I was 16. At least til my little boy shows up then I get the awesome job of being a stay at home mom for awhile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"