Pregnant after 35

Intro...pregnant at 41 (against all odds)

Hi fellow bumpies. I am StefH1973, but you can call me Stef. I am 41, have polycystic kidney disease, having one fallopian tube that is scarred closed, and a history of HBP and DVT. I also just found out that I may have a bicornuate or septate (heart shaped) uterus...I will get another sonogram at the hospital on Friday to confirm this. To be honest, I never thought I would be back in the bump community after 4 years of infertility treatment and 2 early miscarriages. I have been stuck in the "unexplained infertility" category and had given up hope once I turned 40 (I was told my eggs are too old for a sucessful PG)... but am so happy to report that I am 7 weeks PG, and this time there is implantation and a tiny heartbeat! I have never made it past 6 weeks before, and I have never achieved implantation...so fingers crossed. I wish you all the best with your PG!

<a href=

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Intro...pregnant at 41 (against all odds)

• Oh, what great news!!!!  Congrats!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations!  That is so wonderful!! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats and welcome!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congrats!!! Good luck for a smooth pregnancy! Welcome to the board :)
    ----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • Congratulations!  Welcome to the board :)
  • KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited February 2015
    Congrats! Sounds like a rough road to get here, so here's to a smoother ride going forward! :)
  • Thank you ladies. Here's to all of us having healthy babies!

<a href=

Pregnancy Ticker

• Congrats and welcome! I have a heart shaped uterus. This is my 4th baby and just found it out with this pregnancy.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Congratulations!
    **Losses Mentioned**
    Me 41, DH 38 
    TTC #1 since 9/2014 AMH 3.68, FSH 6.6
    IUI#1 12-02-2015 Letrozol, Gonal-F, Pregnyl, Acupuncture, BFP 12-17-2015 beta 1=72, beta 2=64, beta 3=10 MC 12-20-14 
    IUI#2 01-08-2015 Letrozol, Gonal-F, Pregnyl, Acupuncture, BFP 01-23-2015 beta 1=151, beta 2=450, beta 3=6524, beta 4= 29380 u/s at 7w5d baby with heartbeat measuring 6w2d. u/s 2-24 gestational sac only, beta 59400 MC 2-24-15 @ 8w6d D&C 2-27-15. Pathology results 47XX +20

Diagnosis AMA and compound heterozygous MTHFR
  • congratulations.  40 year old eggs are not that all that old....there are a lot of us over 40 having babies...even those (like me) who have had more than one post 40!
  • It's such a relief to hear that others have had healthy babies after 40...thanks!

<a href=

Pregnancy Ticker

• Ok, so it's confirmed...I have a septate uterus...not heart shaped, but completely divide in two by a wall of tissue (septum). Apparently, if baby attaches itself to the septum instead of the uterine wall, she won't get the nutrients she needs to survive. So far, she is only attached to the uterine wall, but I have to be monitored every two weeks to make sure baby's heartbeat is still there. So far, all ok...heartbeat at 150bpm...doc says every week that baby is ok, the risk for miscarriage goes down significantly. I am at 7w,4d and praying that we make it to 12 weeks. Then baby has a good chance for survival. I wish I could speed up time...this is the longest wait ever!

<a href=

Pregnancy Ticker

• Glad to hear you have a heartbeat and the baby has attached to the uterine wall. Fingers crossed all continues to go well.
  • Congrats on the good news!  FX it continues that way.
  • I think the waiting is the hardest part of pregnancy.  I'm a FTM and will be 43 at delivery.  I am just now starting to let myself get excited now that we are halfway.

Hang in there and try not to worry.  I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"