Multiples

12 wk Nuchal scan with Mo-Di didn't go well

hello - we had our 12 wk scan yesterday with our high risk dr. Baby B had a NS of ~4-5 and Baby A was 3. Baby B also had a 'brighter' looking bowel (don't remember exact name), baby A didnt. I'm 29 with a healthy 3 year old and no unusual family history. The Dr took time to go over everything with us, but it still doesn't help that we won't have answers for weeks. She said it could be 1 or more of 3 things... 1. Chromosone disorder 2. Heart defect 3. Blood flow problems (TTTS). My husband and I are at a loss, and don't even know what to think. We are at the point where we can do a CVS test, but it's too early for an amnio. I go to my dr tomorrow for a regular check up and back to the high risk next week for another scan to see if there is any change. I guess what I'm asking is if anyone is in the same boat? I'm just at a loss and don't know what to do/expect :( I've read so many stories where it was absolutely nothing and some where it ended up being serious issues.

Thanks

Re: 12 wk Nuchal scan with Mo-Di didn't go well

• I'm very sorry you had such a rough appointment. I am not in the same boat but my last pregnancy my daughter did have an echogenic bowel that did end up clearing and being nothing. Thoughts and prayers your next scan goes better and you are able to get some answers.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• If you decide to get the CVS, don't stress, it really wasn't bad at all.  I had mine at 12 weeks and the results back in a week.  Because of positioning the did one through the abdominal wall and one through the cervix.  I hope everything goes well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Hugs to you, I am so sorry! 
    image    image    image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"