February 2015 Moms
Options

I need to get this off my chest...

I'm sorry but I have to rant. I'm so aggravated with all the issues that I have already had with this Doctors office. My doctor told me last week he would be gone on a conference for a week and I'll see a different doctor for my next appointment... fine. Well today was my next appointment and come to find out my doctor won't be back till March 9th. Idk if he will even be delivering my baby at this point. I have had contractions on and off since I was 34 weeks. Now I'm about to be 39 weeks and I was having big and long contractions yesterday with massive back pain and wouldn't dilate over 1cm. Today I am in a lot of pain the doctor checked me again today and still the same. I'm emotional and upset that this just seems to be at a standstill. I feel like no one including myself really knows what's going on anymore. I'm tired of being in pain I know it's common for being this far along but I don't know how much more of this mental I can handle. Anyone else know the feeling or have any similar experiences?

Re: I need to get this off my chest...

• Options
    I understand how you feel. I am 41 weeks exactly today with no end in sight. Two weeks ago I was told by the Nurse Practitioner at my doctors office that if at my appointment last week my water didn't break or I hadn't dilated any further, then my doctor would most likely want to induce me this weekend, today in fact. So she had me make an appointment for this last week to have an NST and fluid check, and a follow up with my doctor. Well I get to my appointment this last week only to find out that my doctor is out of town until tomorrow and that I'll be seeing the same Nurse Practitioner. I have my NST and cervical check and fluid ultrasound, still no change and baby's heart rate sounds great, fluid is 9cm all around. She then tells me to make yet ANOTHER appointment for this next Monday for another NST and fluid check and a follow up with my doctor.

Yesterday I get a slip of paper from Medicaid in the mail saying that my insurance has been terminated due to failure on my part to renew on time. I called and was told that a renewal packet was sent out to me back in December, however I never received it. This is after I received a similar slip back in November for failure to provide paperwork in a timely manner, none of which I was told about. But when I got it straightened out then, I was told I wouldn't have to do anything further until March. Well apparently that's not the case and now I am faced with only 7 days left of Medicaid coverage and am now scared to death that my baby won't be delivered before the end of the month. I found out yesterday that I no longer qualify for Medicaid because of new policy changes that went into effect on January 1st; basically because my baby's daddy (my husband) is in the picture, he should be providing the health insurance. I was also informed that if my baby's only insurance is Medicaid, she will get farless capable treatment than I received. None of the pediatricians within 250 miles of me will accept her Medicaid, nor will Medicaid cover her vaccinations, only 4 clinic visits a year will be covered, and absolutely no catastrophe visits will be covered - they practically won't be providing anything for her. So I have to figure out a private health insurance plan that we can afford for us now.

So, as it stands right now, my only option is to give birth before next Saturday in order to have my L&D fully covered and to pay through the nose for Private insurance all in the next 7 days, with a stubborn baby who is refusing to stay descended long enough to get labor started on its own and idk how my doctor is going to feel about me insisting on being induced before my insurance runs out.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your frustrations. I had a few myself. You might ask whoever you see next about getting your membranes swept. That could get things moving along. The hardest part, however, is going to be relaxing as best as you can. I went six hours of active labor with no progress because I couldn't relax (thanks to the delivery next door we could hear loud and clear). I ended up with an epidural to get things moving.

A warm bath might help. Soothing music, back massage for the pain, or anything else you can think of.

I hope everything work out for you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"