Third-Party Reproduction
Options

*third-party reproduction check-in* feb 15th

This weekly check-in is for anyone using/considering or who has used a 3rd party method of reproduction, including: Donor egg, donor sperm, embryo adoption, gestation carrier, or surrogate - also Donors, GC's and surrogates are welcome as well! If you don't check-in for 3 weeks you'll be removed from the list but we'll happily add you back next time you check in! 

*PLEASE NOTE: Board etiquette - please post a warning in message with BFPs announcements.

Check-In: How is it going? What are your next steps? How are you feeling?
::: Married June 2003:::
TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
IVF# 4= c/p
***CCRM ODWU***
Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
***New RE***
DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
imageimage image 

Re: *third-party reproduction check-in* feb 15th

• Options

QOTW: In honor of SNL’s 40th Anniversary, do you have a favorite SNL skit? If so, what is it? For extra credit post a link :)

Currently Cycling/Scheduled
    @refeek1 – DEg – I hope your FET went well on Friday!!  Snuggle in LO(s)
    @Thespis7 – DS –  IUI #5. In the dreaded 2WW!!  Hang in there.  
    @ceemonkey – DEg/DS – transfer scheduled 3/6.  Wishing you a lot of Luck!!! 
    Waiting to Cycle
    @Lacyj67 – DEg – Has AF has shown her ugly face.  What has your RE said about everything? I'm so happy to hear the adoption is going well.  FX for everything!!
    @Km672 – DEg/DS – on a break while waiting to consult with Dr. KK. 
    @mm29 – DEg/DS – Looking for a new donor.
    @chicagobride07 – DEg – FET #5 scheduled for early March.
    @Jzyla - GL at your RE appt Feb. 20 and GL on your research for cycling overseas. When you have time please share what you have learned.  
    Love4Labs326  – DEm/IP-G Welcome back!! Good luck with your new path!

Donors/GC’s/Surrogates
    @CinciSurro – GC – EDD 8/4/15! You haven't checked in for a while. Any updates?

Pregnant!
    @datingbettyboop – IP-GC – EDD 2/17/15 - It’s a GIRL!! Induction of baby girl 2/10.  Anxiously awaiting to hear the birth story!!
    @1220winterbride – DEg – EDD 5/25/15 - It’s a GIRL!!! 
    @IRR - IP-GC -EDD 7/23/15. Feb 13th is just around the corner.  I'm so excited to hear what you are having.  You haven't checked in for a while. Any updates?
    @RunCC37 – DEg – EDD 8/4/15. One beautiful little fighter!! Congrats on graduating!!
    @CinciSurro – GC – BFP!! EDD 8/4/15. Twins. Congratulations x2!!

Parenting
    @BeckyP005 – DEg – Baby Girl was born 02/3/15! Congratulations!! 
    @DoublePortion – DEm – Boy/Girl twins born on 6/30/14! 
    @e74 – DEm – Twin boys born in 2013!
    @Lacyj67 – DEg – Parenting foster son! Baby G
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 

imageimage image 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @refeek1-  I hope your LO's are snuggling in for the long haul!! 

Is this the skit you are taking about?  Link Here
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    ***New RE***

imageimage image 
  • Options
    I have heard from my clinic and our donor has reconsidered and she will cycle for us in May!!  I'm so happy that we are secured for our DE/DS cycle in May.  

QOTW: D**K in a Box is one of my favorite's.  Another favorite is Baby it's Cold Outside with Jimmy Fallon
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    ***New RE***

imageimage image 
  • Options
    Thespis7Thespis7 member
    edited February 2015
    Hey, #5 was bfn so now the doctor has changed my med regiment and I am off and running on #6. Trying to stay positive. Should have iui #6 around feb 24-25.

Qotw: I love snl and I would have to say Eddie Murphy with too hot in the hot tub and Mr.Robinson's neighborhood are my favorite.
  • Options

@mm29- Thank you for the link, I'll check it out later, but I bet that's it! (Work blocks youtube, etc).  I'm so happy to hear that your donor changed her mind!

@Thespis7-  I'm glad you have a med change and are already starting your next cycle!  Good luck!

TTC #1 since May 2010

OE IVF #1  9/2/13 Cancelled- poor response

DE IVF #1 3/12/14- BFP 3/17/14- ectopic, right tube removed 4/11/14 @ 7 weeks

DE FET #1 7/3/14-Transferred 2 5AA 6 day embryos Beta 7/13/14 BFN

DE FET #2 9/5/14-Transferred 2 4BB 5 day embryos Beta 9/15/14 BFN

DE FET #3 in December- Cancelled, didn't respond to meds

DE FET #3 (2nd try) 2/13/15- Transferred 1 4BB and 1 4BA 5 day embryos Beta 2/23/15  BFN again (CP)

DE FET #4 - last 2 frosties....5/22/15- Transferred 1 4BA embryo...only one frostie thawed properly.  Beta scheduled for 6/1-  BFN (beta 2, 2.81, 6, 23, 49.4) 6/15/15 Discovered ectopic in left tube.  Methotrexate given. Moving on to a new donor. Hoping to transfer by the end of the year.

Cant find a donor that is healthy and available.  Looking at being happy with just the two of us.

• Options
    Hiiiiiiiii everyone!!! Sorry I went missing, just been a big adjustment getting back to work.

Well, in an age-related panic, we've decided to TTC#2 already - S will be 6 months old on Saturday, so it seems WAY too soon, but we don't want to be 100 when our second kid graduates high school, should we be lucky enough to get a second kid.

Here's the plan: We are doing a MEB frozen egg bank cycle with our same egg donor (she did a MEB freeze-all cycle before doing our fresh cycle). We also secured the last vial of our donor's sperm, so our attempt is for a full genetic sibling.

Here's the bummer: Her frozen eggs were divided into two lots, one of 6 and one of 8. The first lot was a complete failure - 3 didn't thaw, and 3 fertilized but arrested before transfer. If it wasn't our same donor, no way in heck we'd want this egg lot! But, somehow a full sibling feels very important. The other good thing to factor in - our donor did 5 fresh cycles... and *every* family has a child at home, and two of them have 2 kids. She is a very successful donor overall, so we are hoping the other frozen eggs were a fluke of some nature - or a sperm issue - or something. That said, our RE said "you need to be prepared there may be nothing to transfer." Ug.

I started Lupron last week and feel like a total emo over-reactive nut case, which never happened before! My suppression check is Thursday; lining check March 6; egg thaw March 10th and transfer either March 13 or 15. So fast, but in a way it feels good to just do it and know what is next - after going through so much to get S, this feels fast and "easy".

We of course pray for a fabulous blast to transfer on day 5 (3/15) but could have lower quality embies and do a 3-day transfer of more than one, which terrifies me, but I'd rather transfer 2 than zero, even though I have no idea how we'd deal with twins + S. Of course in the scheme of things, that would be a good problem to have.

QOTW: My sister sent me this and told me "you better not be caught in these!" Mom Jeans!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    @refeek1 FX those betas are doubling!
    @mm29 great news about your donor. wishing you the best of luck!
    @thespis7 :( good luck w/ your next cycle.
    @2mamazinseattle very glad to hear that the bliss of motherhood outweighs the suckiness of TTC w/ IVF! Kudos and Fx that it happens quickly. 

as for me, I feel great, cannot believe I am about to enter the Third Trimester. Not really having any bad symptoms, so I think I'm lucky for now.

QOTW:

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hello. New to the group.
    Check-In:
    How is it going? Overall fine. Been getting migraines. Found a gestational surrogate in another state to carry and she is doing work up. So moving along but so... Long
    What are your next steps? She is doing uterine cavity thing , hsg. Next will be psychological for her and me. Partners too. I need doctor to approve officially so we can do contract.
    How are you feeling? Wasn't this the first question? Um... I'm fine. Irritated I can't just handle the situation. Would rather her go go go. But she has a life too.
  • Options
    Had my consult with our RE today - which I had been worrying about for weeks. She confirmed that DH's DNA frag test came back at 22% fragmentation (and 15-25% is "good" - lower is "excellent") so she thinks we have a good chance to do egg donation (we were considering embryo). After a long talk with DH, he confessed he REALLY wants to do egg donation - at least try to have one of us contribute - and wants Embryo donation to be our second last option (with adoption being the final option).

I was most worried about bringing up Czech Republic Egg Donation to the RE, since I've heard horror stories of people's doctors being critical, unsupportive, and even rude about the  idea. So I opened with "I've been really worried about bringing this up to you, because I've heard all of these bad reports of other RE's not being supportive... etc." which I guess was kind of manipulation on my part, because she definitely couldn't be too critical after that. Anyways, I was pleasantly surprised that she gave a great unbiased opinion. I thought she would be critical of the protocols (some use baby aspirin or embryo glue, which my clinic believes to be pointless - based on research). Anyways, she admitted that the protocols aren't the biggest issue - she really wants us to consider the ethical implications. For example, we found one CZ clinic that will accept HIGH SCHOOL age donors... seriously??? So she helped give some recommendations and questions to ask about how they screen, treat and compensate donors and how much after-care the donors get. These were all things we really thought were important in the first place, but I was surprised the RE was passionate about this and not just poo-pooing European clinics. Anyways, I'm rambling, but as of right now, we are looking at fall 2015 as a possible date to travel. It's exciting and scary at the same time. We will be doing MORE research and MORE contacting of clinics in the next few months so we can make our final decision (the RE agreed to review the protocols of our top clinic choices and give her opinion!). DH is still very hopeful that we'll be magically spontaneously PG in the meantime. I don't share that hope any more so even though that would be wonderful, my hope and faith is in this egg donation possibility. Sorry for the long update!

QOTW: I am a HUGE SNL fan. I have to say my most recent favourite was Melissa McCarthy's Hidden Valley Ranch skit. She is so brilliant and it makes me snort every time! I loved her tribute to Chris Farley on the 40th anniversary show too!
    https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/taste-test/n13215
    30 yrs, healthy & TTC since April 2010 
    DH 32yrs & healthy
    *unexplained infertility* 

Regularly access alternative medicine to supplement a lack of resources in our geographical area.
    • Three rounds of clomid (50mg days 3-7) were useless.
    • IUI#1 w/clomid & HCG in May 2013, BFN.
    • IUI#2 w/clomid & HCG on July 23rd. BFN.
    • IUI #3 in August cancelled last minute, due to lab error.
    • IVF#1 - Started Gonal F stims October 13 2013 for IUI. Over-responded with too many follicles, so converted to IVF. Retrieval October 29th - got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized. Had 2 perfect little embryos transferred on day 3 (Nov. 1). The remaining 2 didn't survive to freeze. Got our BFN on November 13th 2013.
    • IVF#2 - Started stims August 21st. Triggered with Suprefact, started on dostinex due to risk of OHSS. Retrieval September 5th - got 27 eggs! 21 embryos on day 3. Embryos deteriorated quickly. ESet 5day blast on Sept 10. No embryos high enough quality to freeze. BFN came Sept. 22.

Reserved a semi-known proven donor in August .

Waiting for consult/screening and protocols with estimated fresh cycle timing in October

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Hugs to all who need them this week. 

-- 

Our daughter made her appearance on Feb 10th. She is healthy (7lb 7oz), has a big appetite & is too darn cute. I will post more details in another post. DH has been home the past two weeks which has been great. He goes back to work on Monday, so then its just me. 

QOTW - Favorite skits on SNL - the Sweeny Sisters Christmas Medley, William Shatner (need I say more), Schweaty Balls, D--K in a Box, Baby Spanx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"