3rd Trimester
Options

Induction because of fast labor with baby #1?

So I'm 37wks4days with baby #2.
With our first baby, I started mild contractions around midnight on a Tuesday and went to hospital around 5pm on Wed. At 6pm I was 1cm & I delivered at 9:32pm, after just 12min or pushing.
We're with a new midwife practice for this baby... Will be hospital birth again.
At my last appointment the midwife made a comment that if I'm 3cm dilated within the next few weeks, she might suggest bringing me into the hospital to break my water... So that I'm not having the baby in the car. I only live 35min from the hospital!
I'm not even sure that I'm going to consent to cervical checks.
Has anyone else ever heard of being induced for a history of fast labor?
I know I can say no and that's my plan. But I'm now questioning the midwife's practices....
I switched to them at 32 wks so I haven't had much time to get to know them.

Sorry for super long post!!!
Thanks!

Re: Induction because of fast labor with baby #1?

• Options
    No, I've never heard of this. I agree that it seems terribly off. I wouldn't agree to do it.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Options
    So my labor with my first went really fast as I was 5 cm for a whole week and didn't feel anything until my water broke and then I knew I needed to get to the hospital and had it within 1 1/2 hours from my water breaking.  But my OB has mentioned how she wouldn't mind inducing me also just so I will be better safe then sorry (I also am 35 min from the hospital). 

I told my OB that I would prefer not to think about it yet as I really would prefer to not get induced.  She knows where I stand and has respected my requests thus far.

Hopefully you can visit with your MW about this and tell her where you stand.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hell no. What a ridiculous reason. Your gut is right on this one. My first labor was 8 hours, second was 4, and I'm honestly hoping I continue that trend lol. I also walked around at 4cm with both for weeks. I'm even more surprised a midwife suggested this.
  • Options
    jjarek623 said:

So I'm 37wks4days with baby #2.
    With our first baby, I started mild contractions around midnight on a Tuesday and went to hospital around 5pm on Wed. At 6pm I was 1cm & I delivered at 9:32pm, after just 12min or pushing.
    We're with a new midwife practice for this baby... Will be hospital birth again.
    At my last appointment the midwife made a comment that if I'm 3cm dilated within the next few weeks, she might suggest bringing me into the hospital to break my water... So that I'm not having the baby in the car. I only live 35min from the hospital!
    I'm not even sure that I'm going to consent to cervical checks.
    Has anyone else ever heard of being induced for a history of fast labor?
    I know I can say no and that's my plan. But I'm now questioning the midwife's practices....
    I switched to them at 32 wks so I haven't had much time to get to know them.

Sorry for super long post!!!
    Thanks!

I wouldn't do this. My OB & midwife thought the same about DS. DD's labor was 4 hours (start to finish). Turns out DS decided to take his time with a 14 hour labor. He was almost born en caulle (in his amniotic sac).

Every pregnancy, & labor is different.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Try to not use castor oil this time around. Does you midwife know that? Inform her, im sure her thoughts would change (trolling from a different post)
  • Options
    She totally mentioned it in a different post and i thought it was essential details she should tell her midwife. But thats just my opinion
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"