Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Stop breast milk??

I started trying to breast feed but my son wanted nothing to do with it... That along with several other reasons, I've decided to go with bottle feeding instead. What is the best way to stop the breast milk that has already started coming in?? I've looked up a few things but was hoping to hear from people that have actually done this! Thanks in advance!!

Re: Stop breast milk??

• Options
    No More Milk tea
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Cold Cabbage leaves in bra
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Get cabbage leaves.
    Chill them.
    Cut a hole for your nipple.

Roll the cabbage leaves with a rolling pin to crush the veins (releases active ingredients) . Put on your breasts until the cabbage leaves are warm. FYI: the cabbage might smell pretty gnarly.

Sudafed regular style (usually behind the counter). Plain-- take as directed on label. It can make you feel like you've downed a bunch of coffee. That could be a bonus? Lol.

Cold compresses- hand express just to relieve discomfort, but avoid massage, hot water (even in the shower) or other stimulation of the breast tissue.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    For DD I used the cabbage leaves. thought it was the silliest thing I had ever heard, but man did it help! Love the PP suggestion of rolling it to get the "ingredients" out! You will feel discomfort for a week or so.
  • Options
    Wow I never knew one can use cabbage leaves that way! My brother's wife had to take a pill when she was in a similar situation, and she said it was pretty painful..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"