May 2015 Moms

PUPPPS

clprutzclprutz member
edited February 2015 in May 2015 Moms
I'm 27 weeks pregnant with twin boys. My doctor diagnosed me with PUPPPS and the itching is MADDENING! I have just started using Grandpa's Pine Tar soap...so far it doesn't seem to be helping. Just wondering if anyone else has had luck with anything else.

Re: PUPPPS

• What is PUPPPS?
  • Don't wear tight clothing no hot baths warm oatmeal baths would help .
    Maybe benadryl for itching it will go away after baby is born .
  • Loading the player...
  • Grandpas pine tar soap, oatmeal bath soaks, lukewarm water. Aveeno lotion for eczema and hydrocortisone for the worst patches. Stay well hydrated. I had pupps bad in my first pregnancy. Good news is that in most situations it will literally start to go away right after birth. Mine was completely gone within one week after birthing my son. It is so uncomfortable and frustrating....hang in there!
  • PUPPP (short for Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy) is the most common skin rash found in pregnant women
  • I didn't / don't have this, but a good friend did. She was miserable and the OB eventually had her deliver early at 37 weeks. 

Hang in there! 
    Baby girl born on May 15, 2015!  (DS born 2011)
  • I mostly lurk here, but I had pupps with my first pregnancy so I thought I would post. luckily I didn't get it til around 37 weeks, but it is miserable. I feel for you. I mostly used a ton of lotion and tried the oatmeal baths. My Dr also prescribed something for itching. They say it goes away after delivery, but for me it actually got worse after I had her. During breastfeeding it was the worst. Between my toes and fingers legs...I had a c section so it was hard to itch! We also tried calamine lotion. That seemed to help for about a minute. Also, i had a friend that had it and i think she took zyrtec? Good luck. I feel for ya! I hope yours goes away fast!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got excited and thought we'd see pics of puppies hehehe
  • Aveeno oatmeal baths and babyganics daily lotion cleared up a rash I had within a few days after I started using it. The rash was supposed to last 8-10 weeks but when reading online about it may people suffered for a year with it. Mine lasted 4 weeks. Not sure if it was due to the lotion but seems like I healed overnight when I started using it.
  • I had a severe allergic reaction last week and ended up in ER and thought it was PUPPPs .. But it turned out to be a very severe itchy rash that went away after a steroid drip and a week of steroids (that I did NOT want to take preg.. But dr didn't give me option) and Zyrtec helped a ton. Took it at night so I could get some sleep instead of laying in bed itching all night. I think it works a bit for relief of PUPPPs too bc that's what they Rec when they thought I had it..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"