September 2014 Moms

-30 and a ped appt?

were projected to have a -25 to -30 deg wind chill tomorrow and LO has a pediatrician appt. I'll only be transferring him a few feet to a pre heated car and about 25' into the drs office bundled in his bundle me lined car seat with a hat and extra blanket over him. I think he'll be fine but am still paranoid particular after another bumpies issue with a nut job making abuse claims for taking a LO out in low temps. What would you do?
Lilypie - (JLjB)

Re: -30 and a ped appt?

• If it's a well child check and you're really worried about the cold, call the doctor and ask if you can reschedule for a day that's not as cold. If your child is sick, just take them in.

Try not to think of what people could possibly report you for. I've had a social worker tell me he's dealt with cases where a parent was reported for leaving their baby in the car while they walked around to get in the drivers seat.
  • I would just go. We are dealing with the same weather, DH's office is closed so he is working from home. We are planning on going out to lunch, we will make sure DD's competently covered with multiple layers while we are outside.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would go. We deal with the same wether here on a regular basis. I just have a small blanket on him then his cozy cover and a ticker blanket over the car seat. I leave lift up the heavy blanket and cozy cover face and maybe unzip it a little in the car for the ride so he doesn't over heat. Then I put it back for the walk into the doctors office and take them off then or lift them up so he can get some air and not get hot.
  • I would take LO for the appointment. He isn't going to freeze with the layers you mentioned in 25'. If someone says anything I would be incline to yell at them that my child might die if they don't see the doc and is that what they want on their conscience. But I can't tolerate idiots!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went and avoided all traces of nutters:)
    I didn't want to pay the late cancel few just because I was having a worry wort moment
    Thanks bumpies!
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"