Pregnant after 35

Ligament pain?

Hi ladies,

I woke up today with pain in my back and my baby belly.  It's kind of a dull pain, no cramping, kinda like when your muscles are sore.  I am just under 20 weeks.  Could this be the ligament pain I've heard about?  Doc says my uterus is tilted toward the back, so I am guessing maybe that's why my back hurts as well?  

I'm not super concerned, but figured I'd ask those who know better than me.  I have my doc appointment tomorrow, so at least I can mention it then.

Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ligament pain?

• This first pregnancy has been quite a revelation to me in terms of the mysterious aches and various bodily dysfunctions that are just a normal part of the journey.

Round Ligament Pain tends to be sharp and short-lived around the sides of the lower abdomen.  It's most noticeable when standing up too quickly after sitting or changing positions in bed, and it seems to be exacerbated by walking and other activity.  So, from your description, I would guess it's not RLP.  It could be your body adjusting to the additional weight or changes in posture?

Hope you feel better soon.
  • NeonNoon said:
    This first pregnancy has been quite a revelation to me in terms of the mysterious aches and various bodily dysfunctions that are just a normal part of the journey.

Round Ligament Pain tends to be sharp and short-lived around the sides of the lower abdomen.  It's most noticeable when standing up too quickly after sitting or changing positions in bed, and it seems to be exacerbated by walking and other activity.  So, from your description, I would guess it's not RLP.  It could be your body adjusting to the additional weight or changes in posture?

Hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks.  Yeah, definitely not that.  It's funny, isn't it?  All these things we learn and feel along the way.  I am guessing it's just growing/moving pains from everything doing what it's doing.

How are you feeling, @NeonNoon?  Keep looking on the board to see if you are in labor, lol. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for asking :)  LO is not quite ready to emerge yet.  My OB thinks the birth will be closer to my due date in a couple of weeks, but I guess she may as well be looking into a crystal ball!  I'm tired a lot (approaching the level of fatigue of the first trimester) and sleep around 10 hours a day now.  The worst of it for me though, is going through all the mood changes in the span of a day from happy and excited, through to irritable and just plain depressed.  At the same time, I've kind of grown accustomed to being pregnant and find it exciting but quite hard to imagine having a child.
  • around 20 weeks I get a lot of those dull ache pains.  At 20 weeks my belly begins a massive growth spell....In the following few weeks I like double in belly size.  I think that rapid growing just makes me ache as all that stretching and pulling happen.  Its not like massive pain or sharp pains...its just sort of an ache.  Mostly it is felt under my belly roundness and wraps through my back but sometimes, especially if I am reclining back, it sort of aches all over my whole belly
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"