September 2012 Moms

Spring pictures

hmp1hmp1 member
edited February 2015 in September 2012 Moms
Anyone doing spring pictures? Do you have inspiration or outfits picked?

I wasn't going to do them and then Leo pulled out the monkey he took his 6 month pictures with and now I want to do a follow up to that shoot. If we do them, I can't decide if I want to try to copy his outfit or just do a similar style in an "older" look. Thoughts? His 6 month picture is seersucker overalls. I have seersucker shorts (I think) that he can wear with a white or navy button up.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
Leo Richard 9.20.12 

Re: Spring pictures

• We are doing pics in April. I will get pics of the outfits to post.
  • I want to get spring/summer pictures done this year once I've lost a little more fluff. I like the idea of seersucker shorts or even some cute seersucker overalls maybe with the bottoms rolled?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Loading the player...
  • I doubt we will do Spring pictures because we just had professional pictures done for Valentine's Day. We didn't focus on the Red/whatever/Valentine color scheme so they were more useful. I think we will focus on mid-Summer pictures. I love James' 6 mo. pics and think if you use the overall shorts you have with a button up it would be way cute, but I like @mnkate's idea of using a similar style with a nod to the original pictures.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I like "grown up version" of a similar outfit.  

We won't be doing professional photos, but we always take a bunch at Easter.  DD has an adorable fluttery chiffon dress and I like getting spring pics with basket, bunnies, etc.  Of course, around here, those might be indoors as it snows for Easter every other year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maya is wearing a patchwork, floral outfit, sort of like this one with the bloomers:

Ethan is wearing a blue chambray shirt, plain and khaki shorts.

I think doing a follow up picture sounds adorable.  I love all things seersucker and there are lots of toddler-sized monkey hats available.  It would be adorable!
  • I don't think we're ever going to have spring here. :-(  we're now up to I think 13in of snow, with another 3-5 expected this weekend. Sigh.  I love looking at all the cute outfit choices you guys plan!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I usually do all of DS's pictures myself since I photography is my hobby (I often contemplate starting my own business - especially every time they come around any tell us oh you might not have have jobs - could be nice to work for myself; but then I also chicken out...)

all this talk of spring pictures makes me want to do some with DS, since i always do fall pictures.  it could be cool to have some with all of the spring flowers.  although that seems like a long way off with the dreary weather we've been having!!
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • I don't think we're ever going to have spring here. :-(  we're now up to I think 13in of snow, with another 3-5 expected this weekend. Sigh.  I love looking at all the cute outfit choices you guys plan!
    Blah. This is us too. 3 feet of snow in the last two weeks and another foot expected in the next 4 days or so..

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• This is going to be huge, sorry. I love the look of the balloons in a field.

balloons tied down...

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• @hmp1  I love the balloons - the bright colors will look great in the green grass :)

I had so many balloon ideas pinned that i showed to DH for the last shoot we did and he just laughed (i thought they'd be cute with a little guy) - like i could control a two year old and balloons - haha    I am thinking maybe when he is a bit older!
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • We'll tie in pics with the newborn pics for #3 in May.
    I like the idea of trying for the same outfit - if they have it in his present size, I'd do that. I am corny though and I am totally ok with it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We just booked a March session with the photographer we used for our wedding and when E was 6 months old. It's a mini session, so it's only like 30-45 minutes, but hopefully we'll get some good pictures of both little ones.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"