December 2014 Moms
Options

Fever after vaccines

im a STM and went ahead and gave the ok for them to give all shots reccomended at her 2mo well child. She has been a totally different kid since. Very Loud and mad crying at every little thing, sleeping most of the day/night and now she has a fever of 100.1 (taken behind ear) I gave her tylenol an hr ago to soothe her obvious discomfort but now she's got the fever.

What I'm wondering is when to call the doc of take her in. I heard under 3 mo its a fever higher than 99 but it's obvious this is likely caused by one of the four shots today.

Re: Fever after vaccines

• Options
    Could be the normal immune response toward the vaccine, but I'd call just to see what the nurse says. Maybe they have some tips.
    *********************************************BIG SIG************************************************
    FTM PgAL  IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was told feve is normal. My LO had a fever of 99.5. I gave her tempra and let her sleep it off... If you are concerned call the doc to make sure
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told anything over 100.4 is a trip to the ER. My babe had one of 101.00 when we gave him Tylenol, waited an hour and took a rectal... Then it was 102.2 so we called the pediatrician and then in we went. An awful, traumatizing experience for all but he was fine. His fever broke by the time they got us into a room (they were busy). They ran a full chapter of tests for other infection and he was fine. So hoping we don't have this reaction every time. Once was enough for my lifetime.
  • Options
    Fever is totally normal, but if you've given tylenol and fever doesn't break or gets worse I'd see your doctor.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My son developed a fever after his vaccines as well but we were sent home with an informational sheet that gave us that info. Tylenol took the fever and crankiness down and within 48 hours he was back to his chipper little self!
  • Options
    My daughter just received her vaccines today and I asked the doctor when to call if she develops a fever.  They told me it's normal to see 100-101 degree temps after these shots, and I should only get worried and take her back in if she is unable to be soothed or if her temperature reaches 103 or above.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"