May 2015 Moms

Over it

I am so over all these obnoxious comments I have been receiving. I am a sales rep and I was just in an office and this doctor said to me that another rep that calls on her is also due in May and is half my size. This is really upsetting me. I'm a FTM and I really can't handle all these comments.

Re: Over it

• I understand how you feel. I hate those comments but I think we are bound to getting many many more as we become moms. You need to get thick skin and not let it affect you so much. It will all be great!
  • "O... You still have a ways to go!!?" Pff I'm 5'2 of course I look huge. Ass. :( but thanks for pointing out that I look fat!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • PutMeintheZooPutMeintheZoo member
    edited February 2015
    I got a rude comment at the gym on Friday - Dude tried to "mansplain" that I shouldn't be there because I'm pregnant. So frustrating... I was just doing some 3 lb. bicep curls, too.   :-P   Mind your own business, please. 
    Baby girl born on May 15, 2015!  (DS born 2011)
  • Yeah it's so frustrating. I was 127 pre pregnancy and have put on 26 pounds at 29 weeks. Obviously I'm going to look big. People say stuff to me all day though. It's terrible.
  • Almost daily at work I have someone comment about how fat I am getting. I have learned to smile and say 'thank you for that useless piece of information' ;)
  • I hear it all day at work too!  I mostly hear "oh you haven't had that baby yet" or "wow you are huge, your due next week right?".  Um nope, not for another 15 weeks but thanks for pointing it out AGAIN.  I stared telling people that I'm about 44 weeks pregnant just to blow their minds lol!!

• I hear it all day at work too!  I mostly hear "oh you haven't had that baby yet" or "wow you are huge, your due next week right?".  Um nope, not for another 15 weeks but thanks for pointing it out AGAIN.  I stared telling people that I'm about 44 weeks pregnant just to blow their minds lol!!

This is exactly what I'm hearing. Constantly people say oh any day now right? When I say no...they say I'm never going to last till may. Between that and are you sure you aren't having triplets...it's crazy. One friend of mine actually told me she thinks I'm going to have a c section because the baby will be too big. This is my latest belly pic. I didn't think I looked yhar big for 29 weeks, but who knows.
  • I totally understand. I teach high school and some of those kids say the rudest things. One kid calls me fat belly and comments on how fat my face has gotten. I get it kids. I know I am gaining weight...
  • i have gained 25 lbs and i am 30 weeks this friday. i keep hearing "oh you will just double in size from here" - its like, F you... please keep your comments to yourself.
  • The opposite is offensive too. I'm 6', so I have lots of room. I've had people say I don't even look pregnant...just fat. Uh...thanks?
  • I'm getting the opposite comments as well, I don't like them and I would really like something smart to say but most of the time I just wanna cry. I'm 5'4 and yes I'm over weight I have had 3 kids..... When we found out I was pregnant I was already 2 mths and I weighed 206 but then I dropped 12 pounds and still haven't gained it all back right now I'm an even 200 lbs. I'm now 25 weeks.

Are you sure you pregnant? You must have a lot of time left ! You don't even look pregnant! Your so lucky to still be small! Why don't you just say dang your fat it might hurt less!
  • I'm 27 weeks and just hit 160, up from starting weight of 144(with a surplus of the 10 dr had me gain because I was too thin weighing 135 at 5'9"). My MIL is crazy about my weight and thinks I'm obese. She talks about how little she gained with DH. I practically froth at her comments. My DH thinks I take it wrong.
  • I have a weird opposite problem.. And a lot of people might think I'm crazy for thinking this but as I have always been a very skinny tall woman I have been feeling insulted by the 'wow you barely have a tummy you haven't gained any weight have you' makes me feel like they are insinuating that I'm not eating and looking after my baby and what not I mention that all my measurements and everything is fine and no doctor or midwife has had any concerns with me and they go 'oh really?' Which just proves what I think..
  • Yea I understand you @CrystalEve12‌, everyone goes, where's your stomach? Is your baby ok??? Best is people ask I don't see a glow, aren't you supposed to have a pregnacy glow??? you look more tired then ever. Like what the heck do people get off saying rude things like that, even if you think your being funny. Don't tease a pregnant lady lol. I'm sorry @happy924‌ that's so uncalled for, next time they say something, try to comeback with something smart!!!
  • And btw I just looked at your picture, you are perfectly fine, you got a great bump!
  • I'm in a slightly different boat but the judgmental comments can be overwhelming nonetheless! I was very active pre-pregnancy and continue to remain as active as I can by working out and lifting weights at least 4 days a week. It's helped tremendously with back pain and helps me sleep, plus I work at a desk all day so I need ways to expel energy! The next a-hole that tells me to back off on the gym is gonna get an earfull! An active pregnancy isnt a bad thing! End rant lol
  • Nobody has really said anything about how huge I am except for my husband, but I do look a lot different to him vs what other people think who don't see me as often. 

I think since I started out overweight people are more hesitant to talk about my pregnancy even though I look obviously pregnant with my belly now. 

People do often try to give me a ton of advice which some of it I appreciate, but some I don't. 
    Suddenly when someone they know is pregnant they turn into experts. 

• And to think...for a moment I felt small
    I am 5'8 and never have been skinny but with my first child I gained 110 lbs...started at 150 went into labor at 260 with preclampsia....with the second I have gained 50 so far and I'm 27 weeks....I pack on pounds easy and I'm ok with that :) That's what the gym is for
  • happy924 said:
    I hear it all day at work too!  I mostly hear "oh you haven't had that baby yet" or "wow you are huge, your due next week right?".  Um nope, not for another 15 weeks but thanks for pointing it out AGAIN.  I stared telling people that I'm about 44 weeks pregnant just to blow their minds lol!!

This is exactly what I'm hearing. Constantly people say oh any day now right? When I say no...they say I'm never going to last till may. Between that and are you sure you aren't having triplets...it's crazy. One friend of mine actually told me she thinks I'm going to have a c section because the baby will be too big. This is my latest belly pic. I didn't think I looked yhar big for 29 weeks, but who knows.
    You look totally fine!!  It's funny because before I got pregnant all I got was remarks about how I was too skinny.  Now I'm getting remarks about how huge I am.  I mean seriously..why is everyone so concerned about my body and my weight?!  And yea good thing I'm not out to impress my coworkers ugh!
  • blankenbakerhblankenbakerh member
    edited February 2015
    I had a nurse at the hospital tell me I was huge yesterday when I went to get my Rhogam shot. She was like you still have 10 weeks! Wow! You look like you can go any day now. I just looked at her like ....really! I am 5'9 and I have gained 8 lbs! I was about 10lbs over my ideal weight when I got pregnant but yes I have popped and popped sooner than most probably because I have had 5 kids..... And tend to pop sooner now. I am all baby though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Benitess21Benitess21 member
    edited February 2015
    I'm almost at week 30 and gained nearly 30LBS thus far. So I KNOW how you feel ... the worst part is I live in Hawaii so it's not like I can "cover up" -  it's dresses and shorts all day. I remember crying in my closet as I noticed NOTHING was fitting me anyone. But reality is we are growing another little human inside of us and everyone's body is different -- just be thankful we're not puking our brains out as in the 1st trimester & can actually eat! I think we are all just being modest when we really want to say ... 

Hehehe, excuse her french. 
     :P
                     ... Our little viking is in the making ... 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • monidaniellemonidanielle member
    edited February 2015
    I wish I was in you guys shoes! I was 100 pounds before I got pregnant & now at 30 weeks, I'm only 115 & I'm 5'3. I'm so over people asking me if I'm feeding me & my baby. Or telling me that I'm all baby & nothing else. All I've been trying to do this whole pregnancy is GAIN SOME WEIGHT, but it just won't happen
  • I wish I was in you guys shoes! I was 100 pounds before I got pregnant & now at 30 weeks, I'm only 115 & I'm 5'3. I'm so over people asking me if I'm feeding me & my baby. Or telling me that I'm all baby & nothing else. All I've been trying to do this whole pregnancy is GAIN SOME WEIGHT, but it just won't happen
    When I was pregnant there was a lady who had an overactive thyroid.  She worked with her doctor the ENTIRE pregnancy to gain 15 pounds.  She started at about 100 too.  Shortly after baby she didn't even look like she was pregnant.  I remember her talking about the same thing of not feeding the baby and blah blah blah.  It seems as though you can't satisfy anyone.  Your either too big or too small to what people THINK you should be.  No one really has an idea of what a woman should look like at any month.  Get over people and let me grow my baby!!  :)
  • Yep. Totally agree with everyone's comments.

I've always had very low self esteem when it comes to weight and body image. I was always overweight.

When DH and I started talking about having a baby, I made the decision to get healthy before we started TTC. I trained and ran a half marathon, joined weight watchers and lost 30 pounds (putting me at an ideal weight for once in my life) and then ran a second half marathon. Reached new fitness goals - ran it 40 minutes faster than the previous year (I was so proud of myself).

Then I got pregnant. For the first 23 weeks I threw up daily. The only thing that made me feel good was carbs, which was the opposite of my weight watchers diet I'd been following so diligently.

Now I'm 28 weeks pregnant and have gained 40 pounds. :(

So I've gone from overweight with low self esteem, to "you're skin and bones - stop dieting" comments, to now "so and so is due in March and you guys are the same size"

Way to mess with a persons head!!!
  • My first pregnancy, my in-laws told me if I get fat, my husband will leave me (blah blah blah). I ended up miscarrying that little one after just a few short months (I was only 94 lbs at 5'0").
    I gained a little weight and pre-pregnancy this round I was 102. Now, at 7 months preg, I'm 122. I keep hearing "wow you're huge." "You'll never be skinny again." "Kiss skinny goodbye." All those nice comments that people decide to make (a recent fav from last night was "you're looking nice and chunky today").
    Like, can we just be our sexy pregnant selves without everyone's big mouths??? Pregnant is sexy, ladies!!! Let's practice loving our bodies and being proud of them to tune out all of the hate (preaching to myself because I am %100 self conscious....)
  • Second baby and I still don't know how to respond to "you're getting big"...no shit, I'm pregnant. BUT, what I'm really over is people telling me what sex they think the baby is...everyone is "ALWAYS right"....I don't claim to know what I having, it drives me crazy when other people feel the need to tell me, and insist they are right. Cranky phase of pregnancy has begun at 27 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"