Houston Babies

Kingwood medical center

Hi! I'm new to the area and found my great doctor in Atascocita but she only delivers at kingwood medical center has anyone had experience there?

Re: Kingwood medical center

• toodalootoodaloo member
    edited October 2014
    I have a friend that has...I need to find out from her how it went(i'll let you know). My only issue is having my own post partum room. I don't want to share. If you don't mind me asking, who is your OB doc. I am looking for one. But they have to accept payment from the VA. I am a disabled veteran. Anyways, what is your EDD? Mine is 4 June 2015 :) Oh yea, and I delivered my 3rd baby at The Women's Hospital of Texas. I loved it there and I had my own room:)...it is too far from Atascocita(where I live) though. This is our 4th, so not sure if I will go fast ;)
    imageimage

• Yes please ask I would appreciate it. And I'm glad you asked about the post Partum room bc I had not thought of that and will be asking my doctor when I go next week. I am also new to the area so the doctor I choose was who I thought would be best just from reviews her name is Kavita mahajan metro to really liked her. This is my first and I have no idea how this will go so far well. I hope yours goes well too. I'm due April 25.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just looked at their website and it lookes like we will have our own private room.
  • toodalootoodaloo member
    edited October 2014
    Yes, she said she didn't have to share a room! Yay! She also said that she liked it at Kingwood because she said the nurses were attentive and nice. She had a different experience at "Northwest" something...can't remember (pregnancy brain already...nnnoooo!)....she also had a C - section so the nurses helped her alot with the baby and didn't mind keeping the baby for her so she could rest. I have had all vaginal births...so my babies have always roomed with me and the nurses never kept them in the nursery so i could rest....so not sure if it is a courtesy.

Did you have an early ultrasound with this doctor? I want to make sure that whoever I pick, gives one in early pregnancy. ..
    imageimage

• They didn't see me until I was 8 weeks and they did a vaginal ultrasound whatever those are actually called. I get another at 12 weeks for the prenatal testing. It's my first baby so I not sure what else they do. Also from my forms I get another at 20 weeks unless I pay out of pocket for additional ones.
  • Sorry this is late but I delivered at KIngwood medical center in 2013. Now they have a new wing it's very nice I've had navy friends deliver there and no complaints!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"