High-Risk Pregnancy

cercloge or not to cercloge ?

I am in my second pregnancy at 20 weeks and being monitored for short cervix. My first child I had a cerclog placed at 22 w due to shortening at millimeters and dilating. Currently this past Friday I measured 2.5 cm with a gain of a milimeter compared to previous reading. Today they did a reading again and I was 2.3 cm. The doc asked if I want the cercloge again and I am torn what to do. For those out there who had multi cercloges did you go through this too?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: cercloge or not to cercloge ?

• If you want to carry your baby to term or even close to term, it's probably in your best interest to get the cerclage since you needed it in a previous pregnancy. I'm sure your doctor explained the risks of not getting it. I don't understand why you are even contemplating it.

• I'm surprised your doctor even gave you a choice.  I'm on my second pregnancy, but my first cerclage due to 1.8cm length at 13 weeks and had a cerclage placed immediately.  My doctor told me that I would need a cerclage for any subsequent pregnancies as well.  Not an option with my doc to wait and see what happens.
    imageimage image image Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"