2nd Trimester

Questions for you 2nd trimesters

So on Monday I went to the ER bc I had some brown spotting followed by red spotting. Because I am in Florida away on vacation and haven't seen my OBGYN for my 1st initial appt for this baby since I'm only a little over 7 weeks, they told me to head to the ER. They said my hormone levels and the babys heart rate were normal so they sent me home. I've been having some red bleeding here and there but mainly when I go to the bathroom but nothing that would make me need to wear a pad. So my question is, had his happened to anyone in their first trimester and everything went on to be fine? I'm afraid I might be in the beginning stage of a miscarriage but I haven't had any clotting or heavy bleeding.

Re: Questions for you 2nd trimesters

• With my first I had some brown spotting at 11 weeks. I went to the doctor and they did an ultrasound and everything was fine. My daughter is almost 3 now and is very healthy. I really hope everything turns out fine for you too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I spotted off and on during my 1st trimester. If you did something strenuous it could have been because of that. My major scare happened when I was moving out of my apartment into my house, but I heard it was just from over doing it. Right now 5 and a half months along and so far so good. If you are concerned you can call a doctor.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had pink spotting, then brown spotting, and then bright red flow around 6 weeks.  The red flow didn't last longer than a few hours.  I also feared a miscarriage.  I am now 20 weeks and my baby is healthy!
  • I had some spotting like that around 6 weeks and my doctor found a small cervical polyp. They treated it, and the bleeding stopped. I'm now a little over 15 weeks and no problems. The bleeding had nothing to do with the baby. If your hormone levels are good and baby's heartrate was fine, try to relax till you can get home and get a more thorough exam done.
  • Brown spotting is generally a sign of old blood, not active bleeding. I know it is hard not to worry but no bright red blood, not filling a pad, and no cramps are all good signs
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"