May 2015 Moms

Going Home Outfits

MrsS728MrsS728 member
edited February 2015 in May 2015 Moms
Hello ladies! I hope this post finds you well. We had a "Show your nursery" thread a short time ago, so I thought I'd add this thread. If you already have an outfit picked out, post it. If not, what are your ideas or thoughts for our May babies? I can't wait to see what everyone is doing!!

Re: Going Home Outfits

• I'm going to wait and decide after my baby shower. I could get a really cute outfit that I'll use then.

• After lots of advice, I'm just taking a baby grow with matching hats, booties etc. Mum says last thing you want is fiddly clothes with multiple buttons or arms to shove in.

It will just be us and baby... Car seat-hospital-home so I don't really see the need for a special outfit just to sit in the car for 15mins. I also figured id take a couple and see which fits best.

Am I being grumpy?! :p
  • Loading the player...
  • This being my third baby to come home, I have learned that soft, loose and comfortable are the way to go!! Babies are not use to having anything touch their skin, the last thing they want is to be stuffed in some super cute-crazy outfit :-) we bought a few really sweet one pieces from Carters that are still adorable, just more reasonable for our babies little body.
  • I really can't wait until I have my little girl! So excited! 
    I've not picked out a going home outfit for her yet because my parents bought a bunch of clothes for her. 

My parents live out of state, so it would be special to have her first outfit be something that they picked for her. :) 
  • I had trouble with this because I was afraid something would be to hot or vice versa. I found a gown or layette? It's short sleeve but long so I figured that might work even in the car seat. But I'm going to take some onesies in case. Think we need to wear a beanie ? All my friends had winter babies so I'm lost on how to dress for warm weather knowing newborns can't regulate very well.
  • A cute onesie and a hat, haven't picked the onesie yet but it will probably be the floral one I got from Carter's

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have a few cute outfits to bring him home in. I'm more interested in finding a cute hat and blanket for the pictures. For little girls, it's easy with all the headbands (the pic on the bottom left in my sig is the hospital pic, I brought a few headbands and blankets). This is my first boy so I'm confused. Off to etsy I go.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

• I decided that I am just going to pick a super cute sleeper and put a bow on her head and call it good lol

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I had trouble with this because I was afraid something would be to hot or vice versa. I found a gown or layette? It's short sleeve but long so I figured that might work even in the car seat. But I'm going to take some onesies in case. Think we need to wear a beanie ? All my friends had winter babies so I'm lost on how to dress for warm weather knowing newborns can't regulate very well.

You can't buckle a car seat of their in a gown ;)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• soofttie said:

I had trouble with this because I was afraid something would be to hot or vice versa. I found a gown or layette? It's short sleeve but long so I figured that might work even in the car seat. But I'm going to take some onesies in case. Think we need to wear a beanie ? All my friends had winter babies so I'm lost on how to dress for warm weather knowing newborns can't regulate very well.

You can't buckle a car seat of their in a gown ;)
    DD wore a gown home. We just pulled it up to buckle the seat and put a blanket over her legs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

• @BrooksManor‌: My DD was born in October, so I'm having the same issue. I've heard that you should dress newborn in one more layer than what you're comfortable in, so here in a hot Texas summer I may do a onesie, light pants and a thin hat. And maybe a muslin swaddle blanket just in case it's breezy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"