May 2015 Moms
Options

Restless Leg Syndrome

I am about to be 26 weeks pregnant and have just recently started experiencing RLS. Last night it woke me our of my sleep and kept me up for an extra 2 hours. Any ways to cope with this or to make it better? I am going to talk to my doctor on Wednesday at my appointment.

Re: Restless Leg Syndrome

• Options
    Bannanns will help
  • Options
    I have not found anything so far. I get it really bad. I get up in the middle of the night and strech but still dosnt help. My doc basically told me just to deal with it. Bananas never helped me. Have you been checked to see if your anemic? If your doc gives you good advice please share. I'm 29 weeks and really miss sleeping.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try eating a tablespoon of regular yellow mustard before bed every day.
  • Options
    When I went for my WIC appointment last it was good. I've always been a bigger person therefore never even considered that to be possible for me haha! I will ask my doctor this Wednesday. I don't like bananas now that I'm prego the texture makes me want to hurl. I'll have to try mustard!
  • Options
    I have hurrendous problems with restless legs. Since before I even knew I was pregnant, started around 3 weeks and just won't go.

I've done some extensive research into home remedies, doc says to just put up with it. Grr.

What's helped me is a warm bath and leg massage just before bed. People swear by magnesium (aka bananas), cold compress and elevating feet. None of which work for me.

If all else fails, I sit on my feet til they go numb and it gives me enough relief to fall asleep.

I recommend you try them all and see what works for you, good luck.
  • Options
    I was having terrible restless legs, to the point where I was so overwhelmed I was crying. Right after my glucose test, my dr called to tell me that my iron was low. She said this could be the cause of my restless legs. So I've been on an iron supplement (2 a day) and I have had zero problems. Falling asleep isn't miserable anymore! Try it out.
  • Options
    I've had it since my teens, and magnesium pills help. Also, my husband will massage my calves if I'm getting it, and that usually settles it down a lot. Some people swear by putting a bar of soap under their covers by their feet. I've never tried it, but it doesn't seem difficult. Hope it goes away! I've really struggled with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"