May 2015 Moms

Pregnancy Brain...anyone else?!

babinantebabinante member
edited February 2015 in May 2015 Moms
Today was the first warm sunny day we have had in a loonnngggg time so I went to Jamba Juice (a fruit smoothie place). I got up to the counter and the lady asked what I wanted. I went to open my mouth and nothing came out and I started to laugh and explain to her that I totally forgot the flavor I wanted. She looked at me like I was crazy and said well take a minute and look at the menu. Unfortunately the drink I get is no longer on there menu but they will still make it for you. I told her this and she asked to explain what the drink tasted like and I was like uhh Hawaii??
Anyways I got in the back of the line and tired to remember what I was called cause of course I was craving that specific flavor and couldn't pick something else. 10 minutes went by and I STILL couldn't remember!! Totally crazy I get this flavor all the time. She finally started to guess random flavors and eventually guessed the one I was thinking of.
She probably thought I was nuts then.
But then I proceeded to walk away and she goes Uhh mam you haven't payed yet.
I just sat there thinking really I swear I did??? After I paid I then walked out of the store and got into my car without my drink.

At least I remembered enough to go back in and get it :) haha

Anyone else experiencing this level of crazy? Haha!

Re: Pregnancy Brain...anyone else?!

• LOL. This was what I needed today.

Earlier I was pouring out the remaining soda from cans that my husband left on the coffee table and there was about 4 damn cans that he didn't toss that still had soda left in it. I had a bag in one hand, picking sodas up off the counter in the other to dump in the sink, and then I'd throw the can in the bag that I had. Well...on the last can I accidentally poured the soda in the bag instead of down the sink.

I couldn't do anything but laugh after I realized what I had done. 

Pregnancy brain is real!
  • I constantly say stupid things that make no sense. I'm so glad I'm not alone

But I wish I could remember a story....
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one. DH hasn't stopped making fun of me for my pregnancy brain. All of January I kept saying it was February. Then I kept thinking I was due at the end of March. At one point I freaked out for a while thinking I was 8 months pregnant. I was only 6. DH had to keep reminding me of what month it was and when I was due. I still catch myself thinking I'm due at the end of March instead of April.
  • The other day I pushed my husband out of the way so I could put the cereal box in the microwave instead of the cupboard right next to it. I also find myself mid sentence saying "Um what was I saying again?"

Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • I start stories, and then often say "I forget what the point of my story was..."  lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

BABY NINJA!
  • Haha!!!! My DH is constantly laughing at me because I am always forgetting things or saying something completely stupid. Haha. I told him he needed to take over paying the bills because I will swear I paid it when I actually forgot. I have forgotten my kids doctors appointment and my own. Thankfully now they call the day before to remind me. I have forgotten to lay out the meat for dinner I don't know how many times. I walked out of the house the other day forgetting to put on my bra until we were halfway down the road! We promptly turned around because I am not someone who can get away with no bra! I have done a ton of other stupid things but cant remember them right now! Go figure! Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I honestly have worried that I have a brain tumor because of this, well I don't actually think I do... But I am usually very sharp about details and remembering things and I have lost that ability altogether. I'll ask my DH to grab something for me, like a medicine I take twice a day, I'll take it and then 20 mins later I cannot remember and ask him if I took it... He looks at me like I'm nuts and just smiles and says i took it :-)
  • I went to the doctor's today for a follow up u/s only to be told it was scheduled for Thursday not Tuesday. Argh! What's one more day late to work :((
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went to Homegoods last week and had got several things for the baby room... I got as far as pulling my wallet out to pay when I realized my debit card was in my coat pocket... At home. I had to run home and get it- so embarrassing!!
  • I'm a teacher and the other day I was searching around my classroom for my phone before I left to dismiss the kids. I stood there staring at them, and they were all laughing at my confused face. As we started to walk out to the buses, I yelled out "it's in the refrigerator!" To which they started cracking up. I put my lunch away and put my phone in the fridge too! This happened about 2 weeks ago and my class constantly brings it up and laughs about it! Baby brain really is real!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"