November 2014 Moms

Mirena implant and moodiness?

It's only been a week since getting the Mirena. I've been super moody lately, and have been having some headaches. Has anyone else experienced side affects? I'm wondering if it's just from the hormone changes? I'm annoying myself!

Best Answer

Answers

• I've also had cramping here and there. Hopefully it'll all subside soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Had mine placed too (second one for me) and I haven't noticed anything. Not even cramps.
  • erinholte said:

It's only been a week since getting the Mirena. I've been super moody lately, and have been having some headaches. Has anyone else experienced side affects? I'm wondering if it's just from the hormone changes? I'm annoying myself!

OMG this is me exactly! I all of a sudden hate my husband, am incredibly moody, and have a recurrent piercing headache on one side of my head. I got my Mirena just over a week ago and that's pretty much when all this started. I thought it was a coincidence but maybe not!?
    Baby girl N born 10/29/14!

**Follow your heart, but take your brain with you**

• erinholte said:

OMG this is me exactly! I all of a sudden hate my husband, am incredibly moody, and have a recurrent piercing headache on one side of my head. I got my Mirena just over a week ago and that's pretty much when all this started. I thought it was a coincidence but maybe not!?
    Yes! Totally snippy towards my husband and I feel super bad. I've heard that symptoms subside over time. Hopefully that's the case, and it doesn't get worse!
  • I was like this the first week too!  I thought it was just PMS, but it was a bit extreme.  I noticed one week after getting it that my hair seems thinner and it looks like that is a side effect.  I think I'm going to get it taken out now.  I've only had it for 2 weeks.  I'm so disappointed as I really was hoping it would work because I had some issues with the Paraguard.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"