Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

2 Miscarriages - Metformin & Low Thyroid Levels

Little background - In May 2013, DH and I decided to try conceiving for first time, and ended up pregnant right away. I lost the baby somewhere in the 7-8wk mark. My periods came back regular on schedule, but I was pretty shaken about the loss and waited until December 2014 to try conceiving again. Got pregnant right away again, but lost the baby at 5wks this time.

Went to my obgyn for a check up in lieu of what should have been my 8wk appt. She prescribed low dose of Metformin taken twice a day before running any tests, saying it will help with ovulation. My periods are regular and clearly I'm ovulating, because I got pregnant right away on 2 separate occasions. As far as I know, I'm not insulin resistant and do not have PCOS, and all of my blood work did come back normal after the fact. 

I do have goiter (enlarged thyroid) and the doctor said my thyroid levels are borderline low, but otherwise I'm fine.

Any other ladies go through similar situations? If so, how was it treated by your doctor and was the treatment succesful?

Re: 2 Miscarriages - Metformin & Low Thyroid Levels

• I don't have any advice, just wanted to say good luck and I'm sorry about your losses.
  • Thank you for the support! It's not any easier the second time around and i feel like the doctors don't care until you have several losses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"