Single Parents

Delivering Alone?

I'm a single parent 27 weeks going on 28. Sorry for use of words but the sperm donor isn't apart of me or my daughters life. But I was wondering if anyone has given birth alone. I know my mother wants to be there but there is a possibility she will be on vacation, at work or free. I love my mother don't get me wrong but we butt heads a lot I guess for both being a Capricorn. But I just want to do this alone. No friends no family. Until I'm ready for them to come up and visit. I just know that a lot of my friends and family will be busy with their own lives and rather not be disappointed if it comes to the point that when I go to deliver that I will be alone. So any suggestions or links to deal with delivering alone?! Thanks ladies

Best Answer

Answers

• I had my sister and my ex there. Im glad my sister was there she would go get me what i needed, she kept our parents in the loop, she took care of me. I wouldnt have done near as well without my sister. She was the birthing partner i needed. She rubbed my back, she held my hair while i was throwing up and didnt flinch. She was logical in a scary moment when me and ds heart rate dropped after i got my epidural and i was dehydrated.

She was my cheerleader while i pushed and that was what i needed.

With the birth experience i had i would strongly recomend having your mom or a friend with you. You never know what will happen and you might just need someone there for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with Minnesota.  BD (or sperm donor ;) ) dropped us like rocks on Christmas when I was 2.5 mo along, and so when it came time for DD to enter the world, I went with my mom.  I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to do it alone.  I mean, it would've happened either way, but I LOVED that I had someone in the room with me. I thought I was going to do it all alone but I finally asked my mom to be there because I knew I needed somebody.

Even if you and your mom butt heads every now and again, she might step back and let you do this one the way you want it if she's with you.  Of course, I know neither of you so I can't say for 100% sure that will happen.  But you can flip flop the idea up until its time to deliver. Do you have a sister? If yes, it might be a little easier if she came along instead?  What about your best friend?  Or, like me, did you sort of lose that person when BD disappeared?

I highly recommend having someone in the room with you, for anything that might happen.

Much love.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • You definitley want someone in the room with you like myself and @20thirteen said. What if something haopens? Like i said earlier both mine and ds heart rate dropped from my epirdural and i had fallen asleep before i could tell them what i thought we should do.

My sister made the call if they couldnt get our heart rates up take me in for a c-section. They got our heart rates up and put me on oxygen, and a drip to keep me hydrated. I dont think i could have handled that as well if my sister hadnt been there
  • No sisters. I just want to do it alone, I've done my whole pregnancy alone, doctors appt to ultrasounds. And again there's a chance my mom will be on vacation like out of the country along with most of my family.
  • Different situation here as my BD was in jail when I had our twins. I had my best friend with me. I was grateful for her to be there. I had thought of doing it alone. The reason I decided to have someone was I wanted her to keep an eye on the babies. They were breech and I knew I would be having a c section. My friend was there to support me, but mainly to go with them when they went to the nursery and to give me a play by play of what was going on. Just something to consider in case you aren't able to have the ideal planned delivery.
  • @Jeephappygirl that is a great suggestion if having a friend there
  • The only way I'll have someone is if it's with a Doula. I understand your ladies opinion but I didn't ask about them I ask has anyone has done it and how to go about it. But thanks anyways
  • I had a friend who had a husband in the military. He was in Iraq when her DD was born and family was 3 states away and could not afford to come down for a long time to wait for baby to come. She used a Douala and loved it. If alone is looking like the only option I would jump on finding one now so you can bond with her and feel comfortable during the birth. She didn't have a lot of money but she said it was worth every penny. Regardless who it is it's always good to have someone with you how has prior knowledge of your wishes because if you are out of it you are not going to be able to express them as well as a support person.

Mom+Dad+Josie+May 2015=2 under 2!!!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"