May 2015 Moms
Options

Maternity clothes for tall people?

I'm 5'11 and have been using a Bella band to make my regular pants fit, but I'm 27 weeks and I think the Bella band probably only has another 2-3 weeks before it becomes useless :/ I'm having a hard time finding maternity pants with a 36' inseam that don't cost a fortune and/or look like an old bag! Would love to find something affordable and trendy- any suggestions from other tall people out there?

Re: Maternity clothes for tall people?

• Options
    I found some thick maternity leggings and paired them with a pair of tall boots and long Tunic tops. I'm 5'9" so not as tall as you, but struggle with the high water look.
  • Options
    AshSturgisAshSturgis member
    edited February 2015
    Motherhood maternity has "tall" styles. I'm not as tall as you but have long legs so I always opt for tall. The talls are even a little too long for me so they may work for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I found some thick maternity leggings and paired them with a pair of tall boots and long Tunic tops. I'm 5'9" so not as tall as you, but struggle with the high water look.

Leggings have been my savior, too! I'm so glad we are pregnant at a time when they're in style. If anyone has seen nice looking trousers that would pair with suit jackets, that's what I've been having the hardest time finding.
  • Options
    Gap has long maternity pants
  • Options
    I'm 6'1 and live in my yoga pants. I do have one pair of maternity jeans that I splurged on from my last pregnancy from long tall sally. $100 for one pair but I find them uncomfortable and hardly ever wear them. Unsure what I'd do without yoga pants and leggings
  • Options
    I'm 6 feet tall and I've been wearing the tall lengths from motherhood as well. They aren't quite as long as my regular jeans, but long enough to work for me. I'd definitely check them out.
  • Options
    I've found long jeans at Motherhood but have had absolutely no luck with work pants. Very frustrating! I'm also wearing my normal work pants with bella band but have no idea what I'll do when that ends soon.
  • Options
    i'm 6'2 and i've been wearing Victoria's Secret yoga pants & leggings.  Alloy.com & the Gap Maternity are also good! 
  • Options
    I'm 5'9" and wear regular length motherhood pants. I got a pair of longs and had to return them because they were so long!! Try there. They are reasonably priced and have coupons sometimes too.
  • Options
    Old navy has one style of full panel maternity skinny jeans that come in long. I'm 6' and they are a perfect length on me. They cost me $30 I think they are on sale now as well. Good luck!!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    I'm 5'10" and bought some talls from Motherhood Maternity. They aren't as long as I'd like though and I'm not sure they would work well for your height. Luckily I can mask this since I wear boots pretty much everyday right now. The more expensive section of MM might be better. I only know about their ~$20-30 pants.
  • Options
    The gap work trousers with the full coverage belly are amazing! I'm 5'9" and the standard length is almost too long. They also come in long.
  • Options
    The gap work trousers with the full coverage belly are amazing! I'm 5'9" and the standard length is almost too long. They also come in long.
  • Options
    I've been wearing gap pants too and sometimes I can luck out at Target- but the Target ones stretch easy and by the end of the day do kind of look like a potato sack! Motherhood trouser pants are ok, but fit a bit tight on the crotch! So I'm sticking with Gap and just ordered from Zulilly to give those a shot!
  • Options
    Thanks all- I'll check out the Gap and see if they have any deals on work pants!
  • Options
    The maternity leggings I got at target were made for a very tall lady. They are WAY too long on me.
  • Options
    I'm 6'1" and started looking for 37.5" inseam maternity jeans right away and had zero luck. I'm very happy with the Pea in the Pod maternity leggings and basically just live in those. I swear there's an untapped business for tall women's maternity wear.
  • Options
    I'm 5'11" also and got a lot of great long pants and decent shirts at Motherhood. I'm normally pretty thin-waisted with wide hips so finding pants that fit a normal frame was hard enough, not even counting the giant belly you are carrying now. The Gap has some nice stuff but I didn't get too much there as the cost is much higher. Macy's also sells maternity (and Motherhood brand). Nordstroms sells maternity clothes, but online only.
  • Options
    Kohls has a very small maternity section and that is where I got my full panel dress slacks for work. I'm 5'9" and both pair are a bit long. I think I paid $20 each and they r super comfy and look nice.
  • Options
    I'm 6' and found that H&Ms full panel pants and jeans are long enough!! I wear boots with them now, but they will look just fine in the spring with flats.
    They don't even make them in long, but they are mush longer than old navy's longs!
  • Options
    Try Kohl's brand maternity pants, Oh Baby. You do have to buy talls online (try to get them when they're buy one get one for a dollar, and then find a promo code on retailmenot. End up costing 48 bucks for two pairs) but they're the only bootleg and skinny maternity jean that I've had that don't make me look frumpy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"