Pregnant after 35

Weekly Check-in 2/16/15

I couldn't find this week's check-in and I realized I was missing it. I really hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by posting it.

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? What size is baby?

2. Age at delivery?

3. Any other children or fur babies?

4. How are you feeling?

5. Upcoming appointments or milestones? Rants or raves?

QOTW: What was the very first thing you bought or received for this LO?
Me: 38, DH: 35
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Weekly Check-in 2/16/15

• 1. 27 weeks, due May 17, rutabaga.

2. 38

3. A toddler and a dog

4. As though on cue from entering third trimester, I am starting to feel pretty uncomfortable. Just limited mobility from largeness, easily winded, stronger kicks from LO, and a lot of BH. I still have a ways to go so I ain't seen nothin' yet!

5. I have the oral glucose tolerance test at my next appt. I failed the 1-hr with DD and passed the 3-hr, so I'm expecting the same. FX for no gestational diabetes. Rant: I've been about a month bigger than with DD this whole pregnancy and I'm now Homer Simpsoning it out of some shirts I like already. :( Rave: We're taking a trip to sunny AZ this week. So excited!

QOTW: I think the first thing I got specifically for this LO was a matching footie one-piece and a hat with little ears. It'll probably be his going home outfit from the hospital.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  •  

1. 33 weeks, due April 5, durian fruit

2. 35

3. DS is 20 months, plus we have 2 black labs

4. I've been working with a pilates instructor lately to help with low back mobility and it's really starting to pay off. I feel like I'm moving better now than I was a couple months ago. When I do get sore, it is really easy to pop my low back and go back to what I was doing. That wasn't the case a couple months ago.

5. I have an ultrasound tomorrow to check growth. I got bumped up to weekly visits at 32 weeks due to blood pressure problems. Today my BP was so low that the doc asked if I was dizzy and moved me back to every 2 week visits. Hooray!

QOTW: We bought a girly outfit the day we found out the gender. Then we took a picture and sent it to everyone to announce we were having a girl.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Loading the player...
  • I had volunteered to do the weekly checkins, but was away this weekend. Wasn't going to get to it til this evening.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you? What is your EDD? What size is baby?
    23 weeks. June 18th (I'm hoping for the 21st tho, I'd really like a summer solstice baby). Papaya.

2. Age at delivery?

2 kittehs. Samurai, the 'Ewok Praetorian Guard' and Silt, the Big Man

4. How are you feeling?
    Tired a lot of the time and having swelling in my ankles but otherwise pretty good

Testing for GD at my next appt on 3/12. We're team green so the last major milestone was the anatomy scan, when we did not find out the sex and made pretty much everyone we know frustrated and pissed off at us
    Rant - I live in Wisconsin so its still *really* cold. I'm tired of it being cold. Tired of the temp constantly below freezing.

As soon as we made the big announcement to everyone we knew (via fb) a friend from high school purchased a onesie and shipped it to us. It says "my hero is in the Coast Guard and I call him Daddy". DH teared up a little seeing it
  • edited February 2015
    WTH!!! It won't post my whole comment. I give up. I'll try a new comment. After that I'm done.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited February 2015
    Nope. Same damn thing.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? What size is baby? 21 weeks

2. Age at delivery?  42

3. Any other children or fur babies? 7 other children, 2 cats (one long haired black and one we guess Siamese mix because of the creamy color with grey accents and blue eyes) one dog (golden retriever lab mix)

4. How are you feeling? Fine. 

5. Upcoming appointments or milestones? Rants or raves? Hunger has really kicked in.  Up until now I never really felt hungry and was satisfied with the small amounts of food I ate.  Now I can eat and still be hungry like I never ate or will be starving an hour later. 

My oldest son works at Wendy's.  We went there for lunch on Friday while my son was working.  A coworker of his said to him "wow your mom is actually good looking.  I expected with the amount of children she has had she would look really bad".....not sure if that should be a rant or a rave???

QOTW: What was the very first thing you bought or received for this LO? I haven't bought anything yet.  I don't need anything gear wise.  I always buy some new clothes but just have not seen anything that I thought was really cute or if I thought it was cute, it was not on sale and I don't buy "not on sale" stuff.  I like winter baby stuff better I guess.  Summer stuff, at least for boys, just isn't too cute.  I like babies to look like babies and not toddlers or mini adults etc. So shirts with like skateboarders on them just are not cute to me.  Or like striped t-shirts...just not baby enough for me.
  • Thank you for posting (and for volunteering to take these over @jerseygirl227!)

27w3d, rutabaga. Wait, WHAT? 1. Don't rutabagas come in a billion sizes? 2. Aren't they generally smaller than papayas, cauliflower and heads of lettuce?
    2. Age at delivery?
    Ideal. :D

4. How are you feeling?
    It's amazing what a person can get used to. Peering every hour, being kicked from the inside, waking up from ligament pain, heartburn, constipation, the prospect of downing 75 grams of sugar (!!!) before being stabbed in the vein... 

All in all, I feel great.

Lol!  Love your responses this week, lol.
  • Yes @marijaa333‌ that read a bit like a comedy routine. I had a big smile for each reply. Super fun
  • NeonNoonNeonNoon member
    edited February 2015
    Get well soon @niknak1208 & @jerseygirl227

I read about your plumbing situation on TTC>35 @marijaa333.  I find domestic disruption like that to be so stressful.  Looks like you almost have your home back, though!

Please try again @mum2lanabelliz!

37+3, March 7th, Winter Melon

2. Age at delivery?

Nope

4. How are you feeling?
    I'm having enormous mood and energy swings.  It's making it quite challenging to deal with life's normal stresses.  I also have mild soreness in my abdomen and pelvic areas, and nausea on and off.  I'm pleased that I can still work-out and go for walks, even though they really take it out of me now.  

Made it to early term - yay!  I've switched to weekly OB appointments now.  I was dreading the cervix checks.  It turned out not to be so bad.

Whine: I'm feeling conflicted about agreeing to have high-need family members in town around my EDD and after.  At least they'll be staying at a hotel after birth.

The first thing I bought for LO was really for DH.  It was a onesie of DH's favorite racing team.  I didn't buy much for a while after that.
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? What size is baby?
    36 weeks (tomorrow)  |  3.18.15  |  Coconut (feels more like a bowling ball)

2. Age at delivery?

FTM  |  boxer/jack russell "terror" mix  |  2 old skinny kitties

4. How are you feeling?
    So uncomfortable sitting, standing, bending or lying down, have to switch between these quite often. I'm not sure when the baby 'drops' is it a quick single-action drop or a gradual shift downward?? Because the bump looks huge all of a sudden and looks like it has slid down a little in the front (not as round and cute as before either).  I almost fainted in the shower today (again) -- I'm glad DH was home because of the snow/ice we got here last night, he helped get me out fast to sit down.  29 is my lucky # and that's how many days we have left, can't wait for them to pass by quickly, I'm ready to meet this baby boy! :)

I'm on the every week OB appointment schedule now, which is great, I love hearing the heartbeat and/or seeing him on the ultrasound. This Friday will by my 36 week appt and at week 38 we have another ultrasound to see if he's head down.  At my last appt (with US) he was measuring at 6.125lbs :-O  so now they're talking about possibly inducing b/c of size - not just if he's breech, etc. Sheesh.

The baby memory book to put in his ultrasound photos and start filling out all the info, but I haven't filled out as much as I like yet!  Maybe I'll have time to work on it @ the hospital, we're bringing it to put the hand/feet prints in.
    ----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? What size is baby?

33 weeks, durian fruit

2. Age at delivery?

3 girls, one dog, and one cat

4. How are you feeling?

Not to bad, my veins in my leg hurt. Ugh... My mom has been sick she is in the hospital, so that is pretty stressful right now :(

Just the regular check ups.

Purchased a soft little lovey bunny. Not sure if it will be from us or the Easter bunny. Just depends on when she comes!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• HouseofSeptHouseofSept member
    edited February 2015

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? What size is baby?

18 wks

2. Age at delivery?

a 4 yr old son and 2 mutts

4. How are you feeling?

Holy growth.. my tummy is tight and I am running out of room. Being short waisted is not helping!

5. Upcoming appointments or milestones?

level 2 ultrasound in 9 days!

Rants or raves?

nothing so far!

Hmm, I have only bought a rug so far for his nursery!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"