Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Peeing through night time diaper

My daughter is 16 months old. She is a GREAT sleeper, always has been, but lately she has been soaking herself overnight with pee. It doesn't wake her up or anything, I just feel really bad about it and I'm tired of changing her sheets! We've tried bumping her up a size of diaper but that didn't help. I'm super reluctant to try withholding liquids after a certain time at night b/c like I said, she sleeps, but maybe that's the next move? We do still give her a sippy of milk when we lay her down, it settles her and is apart of our routine, but any advice on stopping that too?

HELP! :)

Re: Peeing through night time diaper

• My 22 month old still does this about once every  2 weeks.  Had been 2 times per week but has slowed down.  Didn't matter which diaper we tried.  For him, the diaper got fully saturated and then the next very early AM pee would go out the top.  Happened again this morning, coincidentally.

One thing you might want to try, especially if she sleeps pretty soundly, is changing her diaper one last time before YOU go to bed.  Depending on her bed time, she has probably already had a couple of pees between her bedtime and yours.  Or, if she wakes late in the morning, changing it as early as you wake up.
  • So I'm assuming you use disposable diapers? We do as well at night, but use cloth during the day. You might consider wrapping a large cloth diaper over the disposable to catch the leaks at night, especially if going up a size in the disposable didn't work. At least that way it would hopefully catch the excess before it got on her cloths and bed.

No advise on the sippy. We also still give one last bottle before we brush her teeth and go to bed so we are in the same boat. Eventually I guess we will try to move the night bottle closer and closer to dinner, but so far we haven't started doing that.

Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • My 22 month old still does this about once every  2 weeks.  Had been 2 times per week but has slowed down.  Didn't matter which diaper we tried.  For him, the diaper got fully saturated and then the next very early AM pee would go out the top.  Happened again this morning, coincidentally.

One thing you might want to try, especially if she sleeps pretty soundly, is changing her diaper one last time before YOU go to bed.  Depending on her bed time, she has probably already had a couple of pees between her bedtime and yours.  Or, if she wakes late in the morning, changing it as early as you wake up.
    This.  I always check DD before I go to bed and change her, if needed.  I usually wake up in the middle of the night to pee so I always check her then, too.
  • My son went through the same thing around 10 months. Not sure if you're using disposables or not but we were using Pampers swaddlers at the time and a friend of mine suggested Target brand diapers, so we gave them a shot because we had nothing to lose and I was so sick of all the extra laundry and sheet changing in the middle of the night...anyway we never looked back, we haven't had one leak since luckily! Could be worth a try for you - good luck!
  • Thanks for all the advice. Yes we use disposables. We actually use Honest Co., which I love, but unfortunately, if I try to put her in a pampers or target brand she instantly gets a rash! :(

I'll def. try changing her right before I go to bed, that's a great idea!

Now that I jinxed myself and said she is a GOOD sleeper, she isn't sleeping.... :( I think her canines are coming in and keeping her up....hopefully it's just that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"