May 2015 Moms

problems with laying down

mommie2be17mommie2be17 member
edited February 2015 in May 2015 Moms
Even though they say to sleep on your left when your pregnant it is so uncomfortable for me so I end up laying on my right most of the night ..will that hurt the baby ?

Re: problems with laying down

• No. U are fine. I am so much more comfortable on my right this pregnancy. I have no idea why. But only laying on your back for a long time once you get big is a problem. Apparently that can cut off some circulation.
  • Oh ok thanks I was so worried cause I wasn't sure cause everyone was telling me that you give baby better circulation to the heart laying on your left so I thought laying on my right was bad
  • Loading the player...
  • Your vena cava (large vein that returns blood to your heart) is on the right side, so lying on your left is the best way to shift weight off of it as your belly gets bigger. That said, lying on your right is still better than on your back.
  • I also feel more comfortable on my right side. I usually switch back and forth through the night.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm also alot more comfortable on my right side. I feel a pressure when lying on left side.....
  • I usually try to fall asleep on my left side. I am up 4+x a night and even though I fall asleep on the left side, I ALWAYS wake up on my right side. your body will let you know when you need to shift!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I for one hate the only sleeping on your sides regimen.  It's so uncomfortable and I found myself tossing and turning all night. Went to Babies R Us 2 weeks ago and bought a pregnancy pillow.  It's the Babies R Us brand Maternity Pillow (retail 54.99) and I LOVE it.  Sleeping is SO much more comfortable and restful. I have little to no pain now in my hips and back. HOORAY!  Some of the reviews say they have a tough time with the cover for cleaning and washing, but otherwise everyone loves it.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

photo a4674cbd-abdf-41b1-831d-b8797666b39a_zps1e5c162b.jpg photo b290a151-5951-4a79-9d88-63e782ed36fd_zps7ac98e29.jpg photo dd66a638-01b5-4929-899a-e1c621aed5c3_zps3a991a42.jpg  photo a8fae771-cd48-43b5-b360-5fa36c8aa959_zpse3085a6e.jpg
    Me: 32 / DH: 32 / Married: 5-31-08 / BFP: 12-28-13 / MC: 2-1-14 / BFP: 9-17-14 / EDD: 5-19-15
  • I'm a fan of sleeping in a tilted position. I sleep on my left side/tummy and use a body pillow to provide extra support to my belly/legs so that way I'm not putting too much pressure on my tummy. 

The other day I laid too far on my stomach I guess and the baby moved like crazy. So...either your body OR your baby will let you know when/if a position is getting too uncomfortable. 
    The only thing I'd advise against is sleeping on your back. 
    It is now getting to the point where laying on my back creates intense pressure on my belly and also on my pelvic area along with my lower back. 

• I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Snoogle is life changing. I was always a stomach sleeper and found sleeping on my side to be so uncomfortable until I started using the pillow.

My problem lately has been rolling over with this growing belly. I usually need to switch from my left side to right side at some point during the night and the last few nights I've been getting stuck on my back like a struggling turtle :((
  • marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited February 2015
    my baby complains when i lie down on the right. he has claimed that side as his - he likes to hang out there for some reason.  if he had chosen the left side, i'm pretty sure i'd be sleeping on my right. 

@kbradley721 ha! yes, the struggling turtle feeling is depressing! happens to me every other night or so.
  • I prefer lying on my right but it causes great discomfort for me. I feel like I should be lying on my right but my body feels less pressured lying on my left. Strange. Also, when I get back ache I lye with my face on my pillow and my bum in the air. It's brilliant for getting rid of back pain in my experience lol each to their own I guess :blush:
  • I reminded my husband (who complained that I tossed and turned and snored too much last night) that it is virtually impossible to get comfortable for very long. I also reminded him that by 34 weeks I usually end up in the recliner anyways.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I sleep on my right side I wake up with a tingling/asleep left arm. Every time. I usually have to roll over and switch sides every couple hours during the night so I think it balances out. I still sometimes sleep half on my stomach. I feel lots of kicks when I sleep like that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"