May 2015 Moms
Options

Depression

I have decided that everything that I have been feeling isn't just life getting to me but signs of depression.  It finally pushed me over yesterday when I kept thinking how I just wanted to be at home laying around.  I don't like going to my job, I get irritated very quickly with my DD and most times I would rather pawn her off or watch a movie with her than play.  I can't remember how long this has been going on but I finally figured it out.

Of course it has to come when I'm trying to switch doctors.  We switched insurance and I didn't make an appointment early enough so I'm going 9 weeks between appointments.  I have 2 more weeks to go.  I'm going to call my old OB today and see if she will prescribe me an rx over the phone.  

I just want to go back to feeling like normal and not just walking through the day.  

Re: Depression

• Options
    Sorry to hear you are feeling that way. T&Ps to you! Hope you feel better soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are dealing with this, t&p going out to you. I hope you get a hold of your doctor soon and start working towards getting back to yourself. I am glad that you were able to figure out and come to terms with the way you are feeling. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad you are self aware enough to understand what you're feeling and to seek help. Feel better soon for you and your DD.
  • Options
    I've been feeling really down lately too, you're not alone! I've chalked it up to my crazy mood swings being back.

You're doing such a great thing being aware! Hang in there!
  • Options
    I've been feeling really down lately too, you're not alone! I've chalked it up to my crazy mood swings being back. You're doing such a great thing being aware! Hang in there!
    I was reading that a lot of times it is pegged as mood swings but really isn't.  Just be aware :)
  • Options

I've been feeling really down lately too, you're not alone! I've chalked it up to my crazy mood swings being back.

You're doing such a great thing being aware! Hang in there!

I was reading that a lot of times it is pegged as mood swings but really isn't.  Just be aware :)

Thanks! I'm pretty sure in my case it's just the hormones because I'm not feeling it constantly. I've been treated for depression in the past and I feel that it's different.

But you're right and I certainly don't suggest not seeking help for those who feel depressed. It's always worth asking about.
  • Options
    Before having my son I was on antidepressants and had to get off because of the risk with the baby. I went to a dr who specializes in depression and anxiety in pregnancy. She too would not out me on any medications during pregnancy, I felt lost and the bi monthly therapy sessions with her just weren't cutting it. I felt like I was drowning and had nobody to help me. I am not sure about your doctors beliefs when it comes to anti depressants during pregnancy but hopefully they can find some way to help you through this. I know the feeling 110% and it's horrible. This pregnancy I am mostly home with my kids and only working part time but it's still hard, I still feel depressed but not as bad as I was with him.
  • Options
    I was on antidepressants before pregnancy and my OB okayed staying on them. I began getting worse during pregnancy starting second trimester. So my meds dosage has been increased. Healthy baby. Recent studies are showing that most antidepressants are relatively safe and that depression during pregnancy is proving more dangerous. It's about weighing your risks.

See if you can find a medication on the safe list that works for you. There are quite a few SSRIs and SNRIs that are relatively safe during pregnancy.
  • Options
    All I can say is that you are not alone. Pregnancy is one of the hardest things you can do to your body physically and physiologically. Hope relief is felt soon.
  • Options
    I chose to stop my anti-anxiety meds before I became pregnant, but stayed with weekly therapy which has kept me going well with some CBT coping strategies to manage my chicken-little complex. I've got a lot of support from DH and besties, so I feel I'm going to get through the next three months ok. I hope you've got strong support and lots of validation around you. 
  • Options
    With my first son I had terrible pregnancy and postpartum anxiety and depression. I can't really remember how long it lasted, but I definitely know what you're going through. It's really hard and going to the doctor and talking to someone really helped me a lot, so hopefully it does the same for you. :) Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  This is my second and I didn't experience any of this with my first.  I have to wait to meet with my new midwife in two weeks before I can do anything.  I know its not a serious depression and I know I'll make it the two weeks.  I was just hoping to get back to my old self soon.  DD birthday is on Monday and her party is the following Saturday and was just hoping to be back to me by then so I can enjoy it all.
  • Options
    Do you have a link to that list? I know I could google it but I try to avoid random googling of that stuff bc I end up reading upsetting studies/stats
  • Options
    I've been driving myself crazy with these mood changes. I'm not used to my body NOT being my body anymore lol. I was doing fine up until a few weeks ago. :/
  • Options
    T&Ps. Please try and hang in there it is almost over
  • Options
    I'm 26w/2 days and it's all starting to get to me lol. I didn't have mood swings in the beginning but I feel like now I am. It's either that or the accumulation of pregnancy related stress sinks in every once in a while.It's nothing too extreme, it's just 1 or 2 days a week I just start missing having my body to myself and feel emotionally exhausted.

Also at our 20 wk scan they found an Isolated choroid plexus cyst on the LOs brain. I have 3 drs telling me not to worry about it since she measures right on track in every way but i find it really hard to quiet my mind. This isnt technically depression but it can be draining over time despite drs saying not to worry.
    DH and I are SO excited for my daughter to arrive and pregnancy is truly amazing but I'm basically ready to get back to a "new normal" with her out here and not in here lol
  • Options
    Not alone remember that. I was on anti-depressants for 5 years, when I got pregnant I suddenly stopped them and it's the worst thing I've ever done because I haven't been sure whether I'm depressed or its hormones! Pregnancy is so confusing but the one thing keeping me going Is my awesome little man who's due to be here in May :smile: try as hard as you can to get out more because it really does help even if it feels like the last thing you want to do. I hope everything goes well <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"