July 2015 Moms

You're Killing Me Grey's!

I know I'm a few days late since I always catch it on demand....but did anyone else cry their eyes out from that episode of Grey's Anatomy? That Avery and Kepner story line was a little too much for this pregnant lady :'-(

Re: You're Killing Me Grey's!

• It's my favorite show but I had to skip it this week. The storyline is making me paranoid!
  • Me too! I couldn't bring myself to skip though. It was a def a rough episode. So sad :-(
  • Loading the player...
  • Lately I'd been crying over the silliest things but that episode scared the shit out of me too much to make me cry. So backwards cause I cried over it the episode before. I'm anxiously awaiting my anatomy scan to make sure all is well with LO. So paranoid. If I were feeling movement I think I may be less worried. I wish I could have an ultrasound everyday haha!
  • No spoilers! I haven't watched this weekend episode! We've had family visiting so I waiting till they left. But yes up until this point that storyline has been tough to watch as a pregnant lady.
    Please excuse typos....auto correct hates me. =)

Married 8.17.12
    Anniversary 
    DD Born 9.23.13
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerDS Born 7.15.15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep tough especially since I haven't had anatomy scan yet!! Doc out of
    Town so I have to wait extra long. Cried for sure.
  • It's been making me ball my eyes out. I looked forward to snuggling up with H on the couch to watch and cried my eyes out the entire time.

Had a similar experience last year with the gallbladder episode. I was having mine out the next morning. Got myself all worked up instead of being calm.

I feel like a gluten for punishment lol
  • I cried the entire time!
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary Birthday
  • I'm so glad someone posted about this, I wanted to but couldn't think of what to say. I didn't want to add spoilers.
  • Ugh I watched it yesterday on hulu and spent the rest of the day depressed :( poor hubby tried so hard to cheer me up but I was in a funk for the majority of the day. Definitely a rough storyline to see when you're expecting!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was thinking the same thing!!! It was gut wrenching.
  • I'll stop reading until I watch it tomorrow so feel free to discuss spoilers. I was hoping to watch it today but I doubt I'll have the chance

Married 8.17.12
    Anniversary 
    DD Born 9.23.13

• Finally watched it....now I'm a complete mess. :-(

Married 8.17.12
    Anniversary 
    DD Born 9.23.13

• This happened to me during my second pregnancy. Every time I turned around there was a tragic pregnancy story. It was very hard to Handle but this time around I am taking control. There will always be a tragic story. On tv or in life you need to take control of yourself and say this is not me not my situation not my pregnancy. I watched that episode of greys and I didn't let it worry me. There are so many things to worry about during pregnancy an after. So many horror stories and tragedies that will hit you like a ton of bricks. Take control now. Trust me! I'm not saying don't feel sympathy. Don't worry yourself.
  • I bawled through the whole episode as well. My first born was napping during part of it and I couldn't wait for him to wake up so I could snuggle with him. So sad, makes me appreciate my healthy LO and healthy growing baby.
  • SewSewBlessedSewSewBlessed member
    edited February 2015
    It was definitely hard to watch. I'm currently waiting on InformaSeq results to rule out Trisomy 13/18, so it was hard to compare. Both typically pass away in utero or very soon after birth. Tough episode!!
  • This happened to me during my second pregnancy. Every time I turned around there was a tragic pregnancy story. It was very hard to Handle but this time around I am taking control. There will always be a tragic story. On tv or in life you need to take control of yourself and say this is not me not my situation not my pregnancy. I watched that episode of greys and I didn't let it worry me. There are so many things to worry about during pregnancy an after. So many horror stories and tragedies that will hit you like a ton of bricks. Take control now. Trust me! I'm not saying don't feel sympathy. Don't worry yourself.

It doesn't make me worry, it just breaks my heart. It's so sad that there are families that have to deal with situations like that. It makes me appreciate my healthy DD and it makes me grateful that this pregnancy is going smoothly. Even though this pregnancy has been a pain so far I know there are families going through a lot worse than me.

Married 8.17.12
    Anniversary 
    DD Born 9.23.13

• It was like a horrific car accident...you don't wanna look but you just can't help it. I kept thinking I shouldn't be watching this, but couldn't change the channel. Total sob fest!
  • Idk, I watched it and it was sad but the only thing that has made me cry (on TV) was the Packers blowing the NFC championship game.
    Now that was a gut wrenching moment.
  • disney815disney815 member
    edited February 2015

This happened to me during my second pregnancy. Every time I turned around there was a tragic pregnancy story. It was very hard to Handle but this time around I am taking control. There will always be a tragic story. On tv or in life you need to take control of yourself and say this is not me not my situation not my pregnancy. I watched that episode of greys and I didn't let it worry me. There are so many things to worry about during pregnancy an after. So many horror stories and tragedies that will hit you like a ton of bricks. Take control now. Trust me! I'm not saying don't feel sympathy. Don't worry yourself.

This is so true!! Good mantra! I do feel sad for families that have to go through this, but I could literally let it consume me... So I have to move on. There are some terrible things that happen, but I can't get depressed over it or it will take away time from my family!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yeah I was crying the whole time too, such a tough episode..

BFP: 04/03/2014  EDD: 12/15/2014  HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

BabyFetus Ticker

• i was hysterically crying twice, i watched it alone, then again with my husband.
    its the little things that make us ball like baby's.
    hopefully next episode is we bit easier on the hormones 
  • It was so hard to watch! I'm so glad my hubby didn't watch, he's been so paranoid this time around (we miscarried at 13 weeks) last year!
    Seriously rough episode!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"