One & Done: Only child
Options

let's talk birth control

Hi ladies!  I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share positive or negative experiences with birth control.  Just had my 6 week PP appointment with the doc. (ended up being 8 weeks PP since I had to cancel twice due to snow) during which we had the BC talk.  Since DH and I have our precious LO and are pretty sure we are OAD, obviously BC would be a hot topic, but DH is always putting the conversation off.  I did manage to talk to him yesterday and he basically stated he doesn't want me to go on a hormonal BC while I'm BFing, but I am under the impression that the mini pill is a safe form of BC.  My doctor confirmed this but DH is still suspicious.  Also I am a bit wary of using IUDs, because I have issues with using tampons.  Basically, the first time I tried to use one I passed out in the bathroom and got very nauseous afterwards and still not sure why that happened so I just don't use them.  Although we aren't planning on being intimate quite yet, I still think it might be smart for us to have a form of BC in mind.  Are condoms really good enough?  I'm not sure if I feel comfortable just using them as the sole contraceptive.  I obviously would embrace it if we were to get pregnant again,but I would rather wait so we can be sure we are OAD or not.  Sorry for the long post and thanks for listening!
Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

Re: let's talk birth control

• Options
    We used only condoms for about a total of 7 years. No failures. DH got a vasectomy about a year ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @kristennd‌ I think we are also going the condom route after further consideration.
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"