May 2015 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinion Thursday!

Come on then, let's hear them!

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thursday!

• Options

I'll go first....

I don't like people who post pictures of their bump every day on Facebook. No offence, it's just boring as s**t and if it happens more than twice I mute them.

Yep, knowing from experience that other people aren't as interested in the ten months as I am. I mainly post updates and photos from milestones and sonograms. I may be obsessed with my baby but it isn't the only thing going on in my life.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I keep baby talk to a minimum socially as it's not everyone's cup of tea :)
  • Options
    It drives me nuts to see all of the fuss on celebrity baby fashionistas. I look at the uber designer duds on littles and it just seems like a complete waste of money that could be better used and appreciated elsewhere. In general I can't relate to the high fashion styles of the rich and narcissistic.
  • Options
    I cannot stand people that fake pregnancies and then fake miscarriages it's so disrespectful to those who try for years to conceive and always end in miscarriage.. There's one person I know that is doing her 5th fake pregnancy and it is always right when her boyfriend breaks up with her then ends right when the belly should start ( I'm not just assuming it's fake I could go into more detail of proof they've all been fake) and they really milk it on Facebook and Instagram taking pictures of everything they eat saying pregnancy cravings grrrr
  • Options

It drives me nuts to see all of the fuss on celebrity baby fashionistas. I look at the uber designer duds on littles and it just seems like a complete waste of money that could be better used and appreciated elsewhere. In general I can't relate to the high fashion styles of the rich and narcissistic.

I am right there with you! I can't justify paying high amounts for clothing or shoes especially with kids! They outgrow things so quickly and my kids are rough on their clothes/shoes so we don't really splurge on these things. We aren't dressing them in rags but I am not paying a huge amount for clothes & shoes they will outgrow in 2/3 months time;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My parents have 5 kids. The most obnoxious comment was "are they Catholic or careless." We loved being in a big noisy family :)
  • Options

My parents have 5 kids. The most obnoxious comment was "are they Catholic or careless." We loved being in a big noisy family :)

Yes we get asked if we are Catholic a lot! We aren't but have friends who are. One of my good friends is catholic. She is one of five as well and she also has five children. I think it's great! A lot of my friends have larger families. My DH is one of five ( blended like us) and I am one of four also blended. The craziest thing to me is we get some of these comments from our own families!!! I know strangers are going to say these things but I guess I expected a little more from family. It's quite annoying. My sis is also pregnant and when everyone found out they were so overjoyed.
    It's her second. When I told them I was expecting all we got was "Another one" or "Again... Are you going to get fixed this time" or nothing. I don't expect them to be through the moon we are having another baby but I wished they wouldn't be so rude!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I cannot stand people that fake pregnancies and then fake miscarriages it's so disrespectful to those who try for years to conceive and always end in miscarriage.. There's one person I know that is doing her 5th fake pregnancy and it is always right when her boyfriend breaks up with her then ends right when the belly should start ( I'm not just assuming it's fake I could go into more detail of proof they've all been fake) and they really milk it on Facebook and Instagram taking pictures of everything they eat saying pregnancy cravings grrrr
    Wow I couldn't agree more! When I was going through my m/c my sister suddenly claimed she'd had one too because I was getting too much of my mom's attention and she couldn't stand it. It's not always easy for some of us to have a family as others (she has 4 kids).
    BFP #1 on 1/10/14. M/C on 3/3/14
    BFP #2 on 9/3/14. EDD 5/14/15

IAmPregnant Ticker
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Yes we get asked if we are Catholic a lot! We aren't but have friends who are. One of my good friends is catholic. She is one of five as well and she also has five children. I think it's great! A lot of my friends have larger families. My DH is one of five ( blended like us) and I am one of four also blended. The craziest thing to me is we get some of these comments from our own families!!! I know strangers are going to say these things but I guess I expected a little more from family. It's quite annoying. My sis is also pregnant and when everyone found out they were so overjoyed.
    It's her second. When I told them I was expecting all we got was "Another one" or "Again... Are you going to get fixed this time" or nothing. I don't expect them to be through the moon we are having another baby but I wished they wouldn't be so rude!
    I grew up as oldest of seven, got the Catholic comment a lot...
    It was awesome growing up with so many playmates! Though I don't think I want quite as many, definitely going for 4!!
    The best comment I got was from MIL when we announced pregnancy. "This will be my baby because the ____'s already have enough kids." She has 5 kids herself, not to mention this isn't her baby...
  • Options

I grew up as oldest of seven, got the Catholic comment a lot...
    It was awesome growing up with so many playmates! Though I don't think I want quite as many, definitely going for 4!!
    The best comment I got was from MIL when we announced pregnancy. "This will be my baby because the ____'s already have enough kids." She has 5 kids herself, not to mention this isn't her baby...

Well isn't she nice! lol I might would have a hard time biting my tongue on that one!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"