May 2015 Moms
Options

Preterm labor

Went to the doctor for checkup and she said my cervix is shortening already and the babies head is down. Going for the FFM test tomorrow. I'm only 28 weeks. Anyone have this test come up positive but still delivered full term ??

Re: Preterm labor

• Options
    The FFN is only definitive if it is negative. Plenty of women get a positive and do not deliver in the 2 week span after. However some do. Wishing you the best!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    I just had a positive Ffn and am in the hospital for a few days getting betamethasone shots. I'm 26 weeks short cervix no contractions or anything so things look good for us. Hope yours comes out negative!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This happened to me in my last pregnancy. I had the FFN come back negative but because my cervix was changing my doctor still put me on pelvic rest. I had my membranes stripped twice and delivered at 39 weeks. The best thing you can do is keep pressure off your cervix- so lots of sitting or laying and resting. The FFN test is extremely unreliable. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Have you gotten your test back?
  • Options
    Not yet. Took the test today. Waiting for results said I should have them by Sunday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"