December 2014 Moms

Trip to ER - dog incident

So I never worried about my dog with an infant. She's a big dog (husky/German shepherd mix), but very gentle. In fact, she has this sweet habit of laying against my legs while I am changing him....

Then yesterday I tripped over her and went flying. I fumbled my seven week old baby boy and he hit a bookcase. I'll never forget it. I grabbed him again before he hit the floor. He cried from the nursery to the living room before calming down. I checked him all over and there were no marks or bumps. I nursed him a little, to calm him and myself, while calling my husband who was on a train coming home from work.

Then I took him to the ER. They did a check X-ray and a full exam, and found nothing. He was smiling and cooing on the hospital bed by then. He's such a tough little guy. This mom however may never recover!

We have a follow up with his pediatrician today.

I'm always so careful to make sure there's nothing on the floor before I go to bed so I don't trip in the middle of the night, but watch out for your dogs (and I guess, toddlers, cats, etc). That was the worst thing ever.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Trip to ER - dog incident

• So sorry that happened!  I'm glad you and LO are ok!!
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Yikes... So glad everything turned out ok. I have envisioned dropping my LO in all kinds of horrendous scenarios. It's one of my biggest fears. We spent Monday in the ER but due to a high fever after 2-month immunizations. I wouldn't wish the fear on my worst enemy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad everything turned out okay.

When my son was little I stepped in the back of a toy dump truck while holding him. It was in total cartoon style. I managed to twist myself around as my feet rolled out from under me and kept him upright and safe. I kinda messed myself up in the process but ugh... so scary! We all definitely need to mind our surroundings when carrying our little ones about!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"