TTC After a Loss
Options

Intro and Help

Hi, I had a D&E at 14 weeks a little more than 5 weeks ago. I stopped bleeding after a week. Right after the D&E, I took a few pregnancy tests, which came out positive as expected.  Since then I had unprotected sex a few times. I hadn't taken any additional pregnancy tests for a while, but took one about 2 weeks ago to see if my hormone levels dropped enough that I could expect AF soon (my doctor predicted ~6 weeks). It came out positive, but honestly, I thought it was leftover hormones. Fast forward to yesterday. I started very lightly spotting and light cramping. I am still getting a positive pregnancy test, so I don't think it is AF or ovulation. Could it be leftover from my D&E? The earliest doctor appointment I could get is next Friday. I am a little concerned. I hope this isn't perceived as a drive by BFP. I am just hoping to learn from ladies who started tracking their fertility after a loss. Thank you.

Re: Intro and Help

• Options
    Hi and sorry for your loss. These responses typically don't go over well in this group as it I hurtful to people in the loss community. That being said, I can understand your fear and anxiety. The answer to your question is I don't know. It could be a pregnancy or it can be your first AF after a loss. Were you doing anything to track ovulation ? I had asked my doctor to track my hcg to zero and I avoided TTC for the first month. That being said, I did not ovulate the month after miscarriage (confirmed by tracking BBT).

My advice to you is to try to relax (easier said then done) and wait for your doctors appointment. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. If you are pregnant, head over to your birth month board and if you are not you should consider looking into the app fertility friend. I hope you get the outcome you are looking for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"