Success after IF

Time frame for doing a repeat IUI to try for a sibling

I go to Shady grove and will be consulting with an Re next month about ttc a sibling for my son I was wondering do Re's make you wait a set amount of time after childbirth before starting treatment again?. My son will be 6 months when we start the process again.Any other shady grove patients on here that concieved their first child with an IUI and did a repeat IUI when ttc their second child?

TTC since 2012 

Dx : DOR

IUI #1 (Follistim switched over to Menopur injections) - BFN

Attempted IUI #2 (Menopur injections only cycle) better response on the Menopur then the Follistim combination treatment cycle however my cycle was still canceled due to my eggs not maturing and follicles not growing enough on a high dose of Menopur (Re said I could try a cycle of comid + ovidrel  for an IUI) for my second IUI( praying this works for us)

Clomid + Ovidrel protocol worked still a BFN as a result

Attempted cycle  Clomid  + Ovidrel protocol for IUI # 3 (Unable to do this cycle due to a cyst)

IUI # 3 Clomid+ Ovidrel protocol - BFP    Beta #1 752  Beta #2  1536    Beta #3 3797

EDD 10/27/14

Our sweet baby boy arrived on 9/2/14 TTC # 2 Conceived without help- June 2015 July 2015- Miscarriage ( blighted ovum)
March 2016 (ectopic pregnancy) :( 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Time frame for doing a repeat IUI to try for a sibling

• Shady grove person here! Got pregnant with DS with an IUI there. I waited until DS was 1 to start only because I was breast feeding and you have to stop breastfeeding for 6 weeks to be able to do your repeat blood work etc. If your not breastfeeding then I don't think it matters when you start. I also had a csection so I knew I wanted 18 months between the boys and with my luck of my iui for my second son they were born 2 years and 2 weeks apart. We ironically did our iui exactly 2 years apart. Good luck

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• I didn't go to Shady Grove but my RE said I had to wait at least 6 months and I had to completely wean. We went back for an IUI consult when #1 was 8 months.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • We did IVF, so it isn't the same. My RE didn't make me wean to try an IUI back in December. My IBCLC looked up all the meds and determine that they were a low risk for toddler nursing (J was nearly 2). 

He didn't tell me I had to wean for IVF again, but did voice concern that spikes in prolactin *may* have a negative impact on my body's response to treatment. We are nearly weaned and will wrap up tomorrow. 

I realize you didn't ask about nursing, but thought I would throw in my experience. Good luck!!
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Thanks for answering my question everyone my son has been formula fed for awhile now received breastmilk i pumped for him while in the Nicu and a few months postpartum since then it's been formula.

TTC since 2012 

Attempted IUI #2 (Menopur injections only cycle) better response on the Menopur then the Follistim combination treatment cycle however my cycle was still canceled due to my eggs not maturing and follicles not growing enough on a high dose of Menopur (Re said I could try a cycle of comid + ovidrel  for an IUI) for my second IUI( praying this works for us)

Attempted cycle  Clomid  + Ovidrel protocol for IUI # 3 (Unable to do this cycle due to a cyst)

IUI # 3 Clomid+ Ovidrel protocol - BFP    Beta #1 752  Beta #2  1536    Beta #3 3797

EDD 10/27/14

Our sweet baby boy arrived on 9/2/14 TTC # 2 Conceived without help- June 2015 July 2015- Miscarriage ( blighted ovum)

• mcgeeva said:

Shady grove person here! Got pregnant with DS with an IUI there. I waited until DS was 1 to start only because I was breast feeding and you have to stop breastfeeding for 6 weeks to be able to do your repeat blood work etc. If your not breastfeeding then I don't think it matters when you start. I also had a csection so I knew I wanted 18 months between the boys and with my luck of my iui for my second son they were born 2 years and 2 weeks apart. We ironically did our iui exactly 2 years apart. Good luck

I didn't go to Shady Grove but my RE said I had to wait at least 6 months and I had to completely wean. We went back for an IUI consult when #1 was 8 months.

Do they make you repeat your hsg?

TTC since 2012 

EDD 10/27/14

• mcgeeva said:

Shady grove person here! Got pregnant with DS with an IUI there. I waited until DS was 1 to start only because I was breast feeding and you have to stop breastfeeding for 6 weeks to be able to do your repeat blood work etc. If your not breastfeeding then I don't think it matters when you start. I also had a csection so I knew I wanted 18 months between the boys and with my luck of my iui for my second son they were born 2 years and 2 weeks apart. We ironically did our iui exactly 2 years apart. Good luck

Do they make you repeat your hsg test? When will they start you on a treatment protocol again after your cd 1?

TTC since 2012 

EDD 10/27/14

• Shady grove person here! Got pregnant with DS with an IUI there. I waited until DS was 1 to start only because I was breast feeding and you have to stop breastfeeding for 6 weeks to be able to do your repeat blood work etc. If your not breastfeeding then I don't think it matters when you start. I also had a csection so I knew I wanted 18 months between the boys and with my luck of my iui for my second son they were born 2 years and 2 weeks apart. We ironically did our iui exactly 2 years apart. Good luck
    I didn't go to Shady Grove but my RE said I had to wait at least 6 months and I had to completely wean. We went back for an IUI consult when #1 was 8 months.
    Do they make you repeat your hsg?

I did not have to repeat my HSG. We just ordered meds (same protocol that worked for #1) and I was told to call when CD 1 arrived. Turns out AF never came because we got pregnant on our own waiting to start.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Not at SG. I had to repeat the Sonohystogram, but not the HSG. Also, bloodwork up the ying-yang.
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• A girlfriend had her first through IUI at SG. When she went back for the consult for #2, they scheduled her to repeat all initial testing- including the HSG. She was able to start the testing process as soon as CD1 hit with the plan to do another IUI the following month.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Ruthie04 said:

A girlfriend had her first through IUI at SG. When she went back for the consult for #2, they scheduled her to repeat all initial testing- including the HSG. She was able to start the testing process as soon as CD1 hit with the plan to do another IUI the following month.

Did it work a second time for your friend?

TTC since 2012 

EDD 10/27/14

• And if it did she have a singleton or twins as a result?

TTC since 2012 

EDD 10/27/14

• She actually had an unassisted pregnancy the month she was supposed to go in for testing and did not require treatment. But, she'd been trying for nearly a year when they went in for the consult. SG monitored her through 9w and put her on progesterone supplements.

Best of luck to you!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• This is great! I'm pregnant with #1 that was via IUI. I had been wondering this myself!

Thanks for the great info, ladies!
  • For me yes I had to repeat. And once I repeated I was put on birth control to force period then start on cd 1.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Sorry for the late response crazy work schedule!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"