TTC after 35

TTC>35 Grad Check in Week 02/10

sonpetitlapinsonpetitlapin member
edited February 2015 in TTC after 35
Please post your updates here.

PLEASE NOTE:  This post is for people who have posted on TTC>35 and have become pregnant and moved on from this board.  IF you are still TTC please refrain from posting any updates to this thread and only respond to our graduates.  TTC>35 updates for current members are posted weekly on Wednesday. Please post your updates on that thread.

QOTW: Any special plans for Valentines Day?
****Siggy Warning***
~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

Re: TTC>35 Grad Check in Week 02/10

• marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited February 2015
    *Sig warning*

Thanks so much for posting this but you may want to edit the title if this post is meant for grads. :) 

PS I originally clicked here with the intention of lurking and seeing how everyone else was doing. The regular check-ins seem to be buried. :)

• Thanks!!  I can't believe I forgot the grad part.  Reg. check in will be posted today.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • @betch78 - best of luck to you.  I will tell you what my BFF did that hurt me very badly.  She sent me a text (THAT part was perfect) while I was sitting in my RE's waiting room (not her fault, just bad luck), and went ON AND ON about how she wasn't trying and how upset she was she was pregnant and how she'd cried for weeks because she and her hubby had unprotected sex once and got pregnant.  Huh.  So, I had to console her while my heart was hurting.  I think she had a misguided idea that making sure I knew she wasn't trying would help.

In all seriousness, my advice would be to just tell her, let her know you know she's struggling, and continue to offer her support.  One thing that has gotten my friendship back on track is that my friend keeps asking me how it's going.  She wants to stay in the loop of my journey even though she has a lot going on in her life.  This may not be what your friend wants, but just give her the support she wants and needs.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @NeonNoon Congrats on making it to 37 weeks!

@KateLouise they say ever pregnancy is different and the symptoms are such a poor predictor of what's going on... so glad that you saw a nice heartbeat!

@Lady2010 can't think of a better valentine's day!

27 weeks here and we haven't really done much to prepare, so i hope we'll do some of that this weekend. We're having a major plumbing and mold issue fixed in our apartment, so while that goes on we've been staying in a hotel. Not uncomfortable, but not ideal, esp. when i have to go to the bathroom and flush five times a night while my husband tries to sleep a few feet away.

I can't wait to be back in the (clean and repaired) apartment by next weekend so we can finally start to get organized.
  • KateLouiseKateLouise member
    edited February 2015
    @betch78 - I have a sister who has been unable to have children (they've had 3 rounds of unsuccessful IVF and have, as far as I'm aware, chosen not to pursue further procedures).

It's been really hard to tell her when I've been pregnant especially as we got pregnant very easily.

I don't know that I ever got it right. Can you ever? The reality is that as pleased as this person may be for you, they will have their own grief and hurt.

With DD1 I phoned my sister and I did say that I knew it must be difficult for her to hear the news (because I didn't want to be all gushing about how happy I was) She ended up crying. And although it was ok and we talked about it all, I think we were both glad when the conversation was over.

With DD2 I emailed her, on the advice of some people with fertility struggles. That seemed to go ok. I guess it allowed her to process and respond in her own time.

With this pregnancy, I'm not quite sure what I'll do. I normally wait until after the 12 week scan but my sister is coming to visit when I'm 11 weeks. I think I might email/message all my siblings in a group thing before they arrive. So that I'm not singling out my sister, but that she can hear the news and process before they get here.

Anyway best wishes with your friend. It's hard for both of you.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• @emsmama15-- thank you for sharing with me. I'm sorry your friend hurt your feelings that way, but I imagine it was completely unintentional. After my dad passed away, I had a couple of friends say really insensitive things to me. It hurt, but after a little time I realized that they honestly thought they were helping. Glad you two have been able to move past it.

@katelouise -- thank you for your advice. It really is helpful. I didn't have a chance to talk to my friend on Friday, and now I'm wondering if an e-mail would be better so I'm not putting her on the spot.

Thanks, ladies!

{Age 36 TTC Baby #2}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"