May 2015 Moms
Options

found out baby has a cleft lip, any positive advice??

We found out at our 20 week appointment that our baby girl has a cleft lip on the left side. Can't help but stress & worry about after birth..any positive advice??

Best Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    estiebsestiebs member
    Answer ✓
    Hi Tana.  I've worked with children with cleft for 10+ years and it is AMAZING how well they do! I would echo the advice to find the cleft team in your area, if you haven't already been referred to one. I would also suggest you join the group CleftAdvocate.  They are on facebook and have thousands of members across the country and are an incredible resource. Debbie Oliver runs the group and is tireless and the mom of a child with a cleft herself. They welcome new members who are expecting babies with clefts. You can also reach out to her at debbie@ameriface.org.  Hope this helps and congratulations on your baby girl!

Answers

• Options
    I don't have any advice but T&Ps!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hey there, I'm on the same boat. Just diagnosed via ultrasound last week. It's super scary but I think it'll all be okay. It's going to be a long road, but I'm confident we'll be the best mommas we can to these special babies. Message me if you need to talk. I knkw the feelings xo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"