May 2015 Moms
Options

Beta methasone for pre term labor

so I am 25 weeks and tested positive on my fetal fibronectin test. I am going to be admitted tomorrow to start betamethasone treatments for a few days. Anyone have experience with this or have words of wisdom? I'm nervous!

Re: Beta methasone for pre term labor

• Options
    No experience but lots of thoughts and prayers for you!
  • Options
    Sending tons of thoughts and prayers to you, sweet @lola2bee‌ ... Keep us updated please. Xoxo
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a pediatrician training to become a neonatologist. Betamethasone helps ripen the baby's lungs and helps preterm baby's brains if the deliver soon after the steroids. It's good for babies who may deliver soon. Hope baby can stay inside a little longer. Thoughts and prayers for you!
  • Options
    It stings a little bit going in, but the results of having it and then waiting 48 hours before any delivery are much better than no beta. Hang in there, it's scary. Just know that a negative FFN test is the only definitive, a positive doesn't mean you will deliver. Keep strong and keep that baby cooking!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I am so surprised as I've had no contractions and my cervix is closed. I really didn't expect to get that positive result. I hope they are just being extra cautious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"