November 2014 Moms
Options

Still sore - anyone else?

ladies,
So I am going on 11 weeks PP and my vag is still sore! I have noticed it when I urinate or am sitting on the toilet or doing kegals. Anyone else in the same boat? I had an intense precipitous labor - water break and first contraction to final push with vacuum extraction - less than two hours. And had a lot of swelling. Am I alone?

Re: Still sore - anyone else?

• Options
    Sorry to hear you are still sore. I had a C-section but I am still experiencing discomfort on my abdomen. It's a hard feeling o explain, its tingly and not exactly painful to touch, but not painfree either.  I know its not the same thing but just know aren't alone!
  • Options
    With my first I was sore for months. I only had a second degree tear so not that bad. A fast labour could do it, I suppose, but my second was same as yours and I'm less sore this time. Perhaps I was "broken in" haha.

Up until about 10 weeks, it still stung a bit where I had stitches when using the bathroom or squatting, but I almost magically was better at 11ish weeks. Good luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did you have stitches? I ask because at 5 weeks I was still very sore and when I went in for my checkup, my internal stitches hadn't dissolved like they were supposed to. Once they were removed, it was SUCH a huge difference, within hours.
  • Options
    Had a level two tear. And yes had stitches. How would you know if they dissolved or not? I have been examined. I did learn that I have some scar tissue you that has built up. This was my second child, but seven years in between.
  • Options
    Yup. Right there with you. Still sore and irritated at 11 weeks postpartum. Sometimes I worry I will never feel the same again! My OB mentioned to me that as long as women are breastfeeding, it makes it difficult for your body to be "healthy" in that area-whatever that means. Things should go back to normal once babe is weaned... Which doesn't help a whole lot right now!
  • Options
    I had a level four tear and my doctor referred me to physical therapy at my six week follow up appointment.....I had never heard of using physical therapy for this reason and I was very unsure what to expect but she really just taught me how to help the scar tissue "move" (which was basically teaching me how to massage the area to help the skin not be so tight from where it healed) Maybe it's something to ask your doctor about to see if it would help? I do feel that it helped me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"