Pregnant after 35
Options

XP - Harmony test & Nuchal Scan???

I'll be asking my Dr on Monday, but I thought I'd ask here too. I'm 35 so I qualify for the Harmony blood test, but I'm wondering if I should also get the 12 week Nuchal scan as well or if Drs normally do both.

Re: XP - Harmony test & Nuchal Scan???

• Options
    My dr did both.

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Options
    My doctor did both the NT scan and the MaterniT21 (which is similar to the Harmony test), but I am not sure if that is common practice or not.  I figure that since they are already doing an ultrasound around 12 weeks, it's pretty easy for them to take the NT measurement while they're at it, and it's one more piece of information to have in determining likelihood of chromosomal abnormalities.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My regular ob/gyn suggested to only do harmony. Then my high risk dr told me it was not a good idea - the NT scan is very important and will tell you things that harmony won't.
    Me: 41; DH: 49
    Married in 2010. 
    Laparoscopy for endometriosis - July 2010.
    BFP#1: Jan 2011; MMC March 2011
    BFP#2: Nov 2011; Blighted Ovum December 2011
    Diagnosed with high FSH and DOR - January 2012
    BFP#3: (Gonal-F, Trigger + TI) - May 2012; DD born Jan 2013 (c-section because of partial placental abruption)

December 2013: FSH 27, AMH < 0.03
    A few medicated TI cycles in 2014.
    BFP#4: (Gonal-F, Trigger +TI) - Nov 2014; DS born July 2015

• Options
    I did both
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Options
    I would get results back from harmony first then do NT scan.
  • Options
    I was told the NT scan was not necessary with the Harmony.
    Be the Change.
    Make no assumptions
    Take nothing personally
    Be impeccable with your word
    Do your best

• Options
    my dr does not see you until you are past 12 weeks.  NT scans are generally done between 11 and 14 weeks.  So by time you get into her and she would schedule you somewhere for a NT, you would miss the window. 

Personally I would just go for the Harmony or similiar.  I have more faith in that being more accurate and telling.  It also (at least the type I got) will look for a lot more than just downs. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all your responses! Part of the reason I want the NT scan is for the u/s. Waiting until the 20 week anatomy scan to see my peanut agin will be hard.
  • Options
    We did both at the same time. 

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    I had both the MaterniT21 test and the scan, at the same visit.  I got the results back from the MaterniT21 test about a week or so later.  I also had an ultrasound done at 10 weeks and it was crazy the growth in just those 2 weeks!
  • Options
    I called and talked to the nurse, I won't be getting the u/s just the Harmony blood test. Kinda bummed I won't get to see my peanut.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"