January 2015 Moms

Morning Routines

I'm sure there are still some people around, so let's start some new discussions:

What does your current morning routine look like?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Morning Routines

• *please excuse the rambling, I can't remember the last time I slept*

Going from 1 LO to 2 has been a challenge, but I think we are finally figuring out our new normal. I've found it helpful to have a safe spot to put DD down (swing, bouncy seat, P&P, etc) in each room bc DS is still really excited about baby sister :smile:

My 2 week old DD's "sleep" schedule is (understandably) totally unpredictable, so our day starts when my 2 year old DS wakes up.

We begin with diaper changes and getting dressed, then to the kitchen for breakfast. After that, we start playing.

Multi-tasking is key! I have learned that I can bf while building an awesome Lego tower and drinking my (3x) reheated coffee. We are watching entirely too much tv, but I'm adamant that will change once the weather warms up and we can play outside!

For now, PlayDoh and Color Wonder markers have been lifesavers! And I count the minutes til lunch and nap time. Now, if only I could get them both to sleep at the same time...

• Haha Routine?! What's that? Seriously, I thouhht with the second baby, I would be better at establishing a routine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • wow! how encouraging is this! you ladies sound like yhou really have it under control.  I'm a bit of a schedule/control freak and I've been trying to mentally prepare myself for at least the first month to not really be scheduled. Not by me anyway... but by my little guy.  Hearing that you have some bit or routine and normalcy so early is very encouraging. :-)

• Our little one is 3 weeks old and so far our morning schedule runs about the same each day. He gets up between 7:30-8:00 am. Since he is sleeping in our room currently we keep the bedroom door shut to keep the cats out. When he wakes up I change is diaper and do is morning feeding of 3oz of formula before I ever open the door. Our dog sleeps in bed with us and will not get out of bed until the door opens. This allows me to get LO ready for his day without being rushed. Our dog promptly goes outside to do her business while LO hangs on his swing for a few mins.
  • I'm only one week into having two little ones, so there is no routine as of yet. I'm hoping that when DH goes back to work next week, we will get into a regular routine again. I'm having a hard time getting breakfast on the table before 10am! That needs to change.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kbl13‌ I laughed the whole time I read that bc that is Our life exactly right now. Ing I have to watch Blaze and the Monster Machines once more I may scream lol.
  • @rockkandi‌ My DS just discovered Blaze 8-| I don't mind Mickey or even Paw Patrol, but this cartoon is annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"