July 2015 Moms

18 weeks and 5 days 3rd child no movement

I'm dying over here....
I remember feeling my first 2 earlier than 18. I'm feeling so worried, any other mom's to be not feeling movement yet who are not first time moms?? :-S

Re: 18 weeks and 5 days 3rd child no movement

• Hi, third time mom and also 18 weeks 6 days and still very very little movement. When I do feel it it is very low down on each side. Try not to worry. I know it's hard as I find myself worrying time to time but I just have to try and relax and hey maybe were gonna have very relaxed happy babies!!
  • That's what I keep telling myself.. different personalities.
  • Loading the player...
  • Third time for me too. My first were very different in the womb as far as movements go. I am 19 wks 5 days. This time last week I was feeling very little movement and only a couple of times. But now, a week later I'm feeling all sorts of squirming and little kicks too. Quite often and all through the day. I guess the baby just got big enough for me to feel her move! So hang in there. Maybe in a week or so you will be feeling yours too!
  • Do you have anterior placenta?

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • I have had an anterior placenta both pregnancies. With my first I didn't feel him regularly until 30 weeks. I'm also 18 weeks and barely feel my babies hardly ever.
    DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • This is #4 for me... I started feeling him at 13 weeks (flutters and very low) and knew for sure it was the baby. Then around 14-15 weeks it stopped and I have felt nothing for a few weeks. I had my appt w midwife yesterday and asked her about her thoughts... She said on my NT scan (at week 12) it showed my placenta is low lying, which they didn't mention at the time because it normally moves once you get further along but that this is most likely the reason that I don't feel his movements right now because the placenta acts as a cushion where I would be feeling him.
    His heart beat was normal and I'm measuring just fine so no other worries :) hope this helps!
  • I'm dying over here.... I remember feeling my first 2 earlier than 18. I'm feeling so worried, any other mom's to be not feeling movement yet who are not first time moms?? :-S
    Felt anything yet? Maybe my story will give you some reassurance? I'm 18 weks with #2 and definitely felt DD by this time. But I've only felt this LO move maybe 5-10 times total - and super sporadically. I'm talking, once a week, literally. I was really really worried so my doc let me come in this past Wednesday for a quick ultrasound. And there it was - anterior placenta. Baby was moving all over the place and I didn't feel a thing (heart rate at 150). He said because of all that cushion the baby has to kick through for me to feel it it'll take a while. He said I should expect those really strong kicks until 24-28 weeks! Yikes! Talk about a total difference than with pregnancy #1. So maybe you have an anterior placenta this time?

Anyway, just calling and voicing my concern really helped, and they were totally cool, letting me come in for reassurance. Now I feel a lot more relaxed waiting for my anatomy scan on the 23rd :) 
    Lilypie - (RRkJ)

• Update
    So I literally started to feel her all over the place yesterday afternoon. I can definitely feel her now :x
  • Such a relief right? I am the same way and tonight at 19w2d the little babe is ALL over! I thought for sure with #3 I would feel it much sooner but guess not :)
  • With my first, she moved all the time! With my second I would rush to the er (after 20 weeks) with no movements and they would do an nst and see how she was moving all the time. Weird how I didn't feel her as much. With this baby I am 18.4 weeks and some days she does nothing but move.. And then others I feel nothing. On the sonogram she was bouncing all over the place and I felt it only half the time. There all so different. When's your next sonogram?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"